• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgtmack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    How much do they charge normally for electronic fingerprints? I went to their website and no mention of pricing.
    I started to make an appointment for the identigo site down the street from where I work, and they ask what the prints are going to be used for. None of the options are for sending to the ATF. I didn't see any mention of having them give you an electronic copy. You can have prints scanned and hard cards printed. When they do prints for the IN carry permit it is $10.00. I don't know how much the printed cards would be, I never got to a price screen.
    Edit; I tried to set up an appointment, the only choice for printing cards is in Indy. Further research is required. If I get time I'll stop by the local place and ask if they can get me an .EFT file.

Last edited:

norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I just had my prints done, had to register at printscan.com. They have a specific choice for ATF prints, then you just go to the UPS store that you made an appointment at. I had the file emailed to me within an hour, you just have to make sure to have a computer available before you log into it. The file is only good for download for 24hrs. Cost was $65, paid online when you make the appointment.
    -Just make sure to have 2 forms of ID, I missed that part skimming through the appointment stuff and luckily had another ID that qualified with me.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I just had my prints done, had to register at printscan.com. They have a specific choice for ATF prints, then you just go to the UPS store that you made an appointment at. I had the file emailed to me within an hour, you just have to make sure to have a computer available before you log into it. The file is only good for download for 24hrs. Cost was $65, paid online when you make the appointment.
    -Just make sure to have 2 forms of ID, I missed that part skimming through the appointment stuff and luckily had another ID that qualified with me.
    I know I'm replying to an older post, but I was looking at their website and didn't see the info on the 2 forms of ID. Anyone happen to have a link to that? I stepped through part of the appointment forms but didn't want to go all the way through it to see if it was there. Figured it should be on their website somewhere.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I think some ups stores provide this service as well. Might check with them also.
    Yep, I did mine (self-service via appointment) at a UPS store and they send you an email shortly after. The mail contains a link to download the ".eft" file.
    Search UPS + PrintScan

P.S. One thing to keep in mind about the etf file: It is an encrypted format. You will not be able to open this file and print your own cards at home. At least not without specialized software that the DoJ has. I keep a stack of printed cards AND my etf file handy.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom