• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    So, I have everything signed off on and ready to send to the BAFTE. My problem is I don't know if I like the photo. Not because how I look, but because I took it myself and it is not a plain background. There is a portion of a portrait on the wall behind me. Does this even matter? I did not see anything about this, so I turn to you INGO.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    The instructions for Form 1's and 4's just say a 2x2 photo of his/her frontal view. It doesn't really specify much beyond that. As long as the photo is a head and shoulders shot of you, you're probably good to good. I don't know how picky they'd be. Do you have a digital camera and photo paper where you could just take a new pic?

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    The instructions for Form 1's and 4's just say a 2x2 photo of his/her frontal view. It doesn't really specify much beyond that. As long as the photo is a head and shoulders shot of you, you're probably good to good.
    That's what I've been thinking, but I don't want it to get backed for a stupid reason like that.
    Do you have a digital camera and photo paper where you could just take a new pic?
    Yes, but the problem would be getting the old pic off the form, it's glued on.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I would just send it off as is, you will be fine...
    I probably will, after thinking about it, the worst that happens is I have to submit a new photo
    post a pic of the pic so we can have fun poking fun at you too! ;)
    and be nice but here it is
    funny-gun-people-09.jpg

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    It is my understanding that you 100% have to have a plain background, I did my own passport photo and it was rejected because the wall was not white enough and there is requirement that the photo not be digitally altered.

You've come this far go get the picture right if they make you resubmit someone might get a bug U.T.A. and put you on the bottom of the pile and send everything through again.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Just got off the phone with Mary at the ATF NFA branch and she said the photo would be fine, she put me on hold, came back and said she checked and they said it would be fine as long as it was a 2x2. Off to the BAFTE my paperwork goes. Next time I will make my pictures on a plain white background

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Go get a passport photo next time. Scan it so you can print up an infinate number after that. Its what I do and they have never had a problem with it.

Top Bottom