• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfy25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Indy
    From the timeline thread above, it looks like standard time from F4 approval to receiving the form is about two weeks. My form was approved ~12/15 and the ffl still doesn't have the form. I talked to the ffl at 6 weeks out and he said the ATF was a couple weeks behind. Given that its now 8 weeks out, it sounds like the form got lost somewhere along the way. What are my options? Is there a lost form process?

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Yeah. Mine got approved on December 9 and I had to keep calling and emailing to get them to actually check if my stamp was in. I didn't get it til like the 155th of January. It was super annoying considering my other stamp was approved 12-23-2013 and I had I in my hands by 1-7-2014.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    You can request a copy from the NFA. Call them on Monday and ask what you need to do to get it.

Not sure if it's going to be a continuous deal or not but I called the NFA last Monday multiple times throughout the day and went straight to VM every time. I called Tue and was answered first time. Not sure if they're not answering on Mondays, if not answering LAST Monday, or Just Messin' with Sasquatch, if you get through Monday please let me/us know, because I'd like to know which of the three it was.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I talked to Ms. Dudash today. She informed me that a new system was put in place. Trusts are handled by one group of examiners and individuals are handles by another group. The individuals are talking longer, because they are now rechecking finger prints prior to final approval.

She told me that because of the lengthy wait, 9 months, that they are now required to run the prints one more time, to make sure the person submitting the form has not been arrested, during the wait time. So that is taking longer for individuals.

Last edited:

InRon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    I talked to Ms. Dudash today. She informed me that a new system was put in place. Trusts are handled by one group of examiners and individuals are handles by another group. The individuals are talking longer, because they are now rechecking finger prints prior to final approval.

She told me that because of the lengthy wait, 9 months, that they are now required to run the prints one more time, to make sure the person submitting the form has not been arrested, during the wait time. So that is taking longer for individuals.

Bureaucracy at it's finest!

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)

HA.. so instead of changing to running them once, at the end of the process, they are running them twice. amazing.

-rvb

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom