• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RAMMAN2002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Bought a Glock 23 today at a gun show and shot it 30 minutes later. I have to say I'm sad I never gave Glocks a chance. I missed out. I own alot of different guns so I'm not a big fanboy of anything. But now I think I found my favorite gun. For all the "glock haters" don't hate until you fire atleast one.

jballs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Glock 17 was my first handgun purchase 15 years ago. I still have it. Been a fan ever since, but I still like my M&P's better. :rockwoot:

Crossfire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I've always thought of the Glock as a pretty ugly gun, but this latest generation are starting to look better to me, maybe I'll have to give one a try

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    I went Glock several years ago and haven't looked back. Now I have an entire Glock family in the safe. (Don't worry..I let them out to play quite frequently)

RAMMAN2002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Compared to other handguns you own or have fired, what makes the glock now your favorite?

My biggest thing about this glock is the trigger. I like the fact you can pull the trigger back and actually anticipate the trigger break. The other thing I like about it is the simplcity. Now I see why these guns are first time guns alot. Like I said I own a M&P 9, Springfeild XDM 40. I just feel like everyone should give every gun a try. You never know until you shoot one.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    After collecting a bunch of 1911s and CZ 75s, I bought my first Glock back in December. I picked my second one up in January and my normal carry is often a Glock 20 or 29. They are nice guns and work well, but I still like shooting a 1911 or CZ 75 better. But, there is something about the simple utility of a Glock that really scratches an itch I did not even know I had.

I wasted a lot of time not liking Glocks. Now, I simply carry what I want. They all work well once you get comfortable with them, so why waste time arguing about what's best. I don't know if I'll pick up any more though. For carry, I like my 9mms to be CZ 75s. For 10mm, I like the Glocks. For .45, I like 1911s. I really have no desire for a 9mm Glock right now, but then again, I did not know I needed a 10mm Glock until about 2 months ago. But, the CZ 75s so perfectly fill that need, I don't really think I'll worry about another Glock just yet. I will admit to considering a Glock 21 though.

chadman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    I've never been a Glock hater but there are certainly many pistols I like more. Can't deny their reliability and dependability though. Rock solid in my opinion.

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    Like you, I owned many different pistols before I bought a Glock. I was an offical member of the "gun of the month" club for many years. Once I started getting serious about my training I realized that sticking with one weapon system was the key to success.

I settled in with a Glock 17 and forced myself to stick with the platform. I have stuck with the Glocks for the last 10 years and have not looked back. They are reliable, accurate, and durable. What more can you ask for?

With that said there are newer handguns out there that are probably just as good. The Smith M&P and Springfield XD's seem to have the same attributes. I have friends who swear by Sigs, but my body chemistry causes the slides to rust almost immediately when carried IWB. I carried a brand new Sig 245 for about a week before the left side of the slide was covered in surface rust. There are lots of guns out there that are serviceable, just pick one that fits your needs and stick with it.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I tried a co workers G-17 (1st gen) in 1988, then a Tacoma WA PD cop showed me his 2nd Gen G-19. One day I bought a G-19 here, while stationed at Ft. Ben Harrison, must have been 1992. Since then I carried a G-22/27 combo for work, and used that G-19 off duty. One day I bought a 2nd gen G-23, as the 3rd gen G-23's I had previously tried did not fit my hand. The rest is history, of course I have the G-17 and G-26 set up, all 2nd Gens, but that G-23 used/abused well worn LEO trade in, is what I bet my life on today.

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    It's true! Opie was a complete and utter gun whore back in the day. I still think he is a closet gun Hoe.

On a serious note I think the original poster has discovered the elegance of Glocks simplicity and function.

Like you, I owned many different pistols before I bought a Glock. I was an offical member of the "gun of the month" club for many years. Once I started getting serious about my training I realized that sticking with one weapon system was the key to success.

I settled in with a Glock 17 and forced myself to stick with the platform. I have stuck with the Glocks for the last 10 years and have not looked back. They are reliable, accurate, and durable. What more can you ask for?

With that said there are newer handguns out there that are probably just as good. The Smith M&P and Springfield XD's seem to have the same attributes. I have friends who swear by Sigs, but my body chemistry causes the slides to rust almost immediately when carried IWB. I carried a brand new Sig 245 for about a week before the left side of the slide was covered in surface rust. There are lots of guns out there that are serviceable, just pick one that fits your needs and stick with it.

Top Bottom