Former Governor is suing over a TSA grouping...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    It will be interesting to watch this. The media, and the TSA would prefer if this was seen as a "media circus stunt". I would suspect that that explains the lack of mention of his military background. I have no reason to doubt Ventura's sincerity.

I wonder if they will claim in court that they operate under an "exception" to the 4th Amendment? For the record, I'm not on a vendetta against the TSA - I think that most of them are well intentioned folks that are being ordered to take stuff way too far. As for guessing what's in the mind of the people at the top of TSA and DHS, I don't even want to hazard a guess. Props to Mr. Ventura for going to the time and expense to fight for what he believes.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    In 2001, in the days after the September 11th terrorist attacks, then-Governor Ventura said increased scrutiny would be acceptable.

"We're at war and we're at war inside our own country," Ventura said on Sept. 27, 2001, "something we've never seen or heard of before inside the United States of America. I don't think you can be too careful and people are just going to have to accept a little bit of inconvenience."

Olsen said Ventura no longer flies on commercial aviation because he is unwilling to submit to either a pat-down or a full-body scan, putting his job as host of cable television's Conspiracy Theory show, in jeopardy.
    "He's made a decision that someone needs to make a stand and he's not one to back down from a fight," said Olsen. "He sees the erosion of civil liberties here and he's willing to stand up not only for himself, but for others."

So when he was in the ruling class he was all for degrading personal liberties, but now that he's Joe Six Pack he's not? How do you square that? I guess it comes down to if you're the molester or the molestee.

Oh, and I think he's right now. Life looks a lot different when you're not perched on high.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    So when he was in the ruling class he was all for degrading personal liberties, but now that he's Joe Six Pack he's not? How do you square that? I guess it comes down to if you're the molester or the molestee.

Oh, and I think he's right now. Life looks a lot different when you're not perched on high.

Wow. Good call.

You're right, perspective changes everything. The elitists will never serve our best interests as long as they aren't required to live under their own rules.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    SemperFiUSMC oh so true about your comment on "govenor Ventura" vs "common Ventura" but then again he is human after all and humans at the core are selfish animals that will always do what it best for them first. So I can't blame him for his 'double stance'.

On the plus side perhaps due to his past "celebraty" statues this case may help all of us provided he wins & all. Don't hold your breath though. :faint:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Is there a policy that Gov. Ventura supported that makes that soundbyte relevant?

Otherwise it sounds like everybody else 2 weeks after 9/11.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I don't care what his former policies were. Was it hypocritical? Yeah....We've all been there at some point.

But he has an opportunity NOW to do something good and get this crap changed.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Otherwise it sounds like everybody else 2 weeks after 9/11.

...the exact moment in time that the neocons would like to live forever in... american flags everywhere,,,muslims afraid to come outside,,, people chanting U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!! hindus getting killed at 7-11s because people thought they were muslims,,, baseball playing god bless america in the 7th innning stretch,,,

they were riding high then,,,even though,,,if the official story is true,,,neocon playing around the work caused 9-11,,, or if the official story isnt true,,,because every structural engineer knows you cant knock down a building down with a plane and kerosene,,,then all that 9/11 anger was wrong...

either way,,,the neocons dont care... 9/11 was good for them... more playing around the world and if they dont like it over there and fight back,,,more war!!!!

jesse is a lot better for president than palin,,,romney,,,gingrich,,,pawlenty,,,pence etc...

its so funny that semper thinks a 1099 is the greatest threat to liberty in the past 20 years... shows you where the republicans priority is...

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO

The context of what he said can entirely change the meaning. Just from

In 2001, in the days after the September 11th terrorist attacks, then-Governor Ventura said increased scrutiny would be acceptable.

you can't claim that that was full-blown support of invasive pat-downs and full body scans. Unless you have the context or, as was suggested, name policies he supported that WERE a violation of civil liberties then making judgments is premature. But, at least now he's a proponent of the people in this.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Do you have anything to back up this statement? I don't recall hearing about mass killings of hindus, muslims, brown people, turban aficionados, etc... Maybe I missed it.

now dont say anything else after i post this... just think to yourself ---ok--- and let it drop...

dont need to come and explain why this really didnt happen even though it did and no reason to say what you thought or remembered at the time,,,since nobody can google whatever memories you have up there or did and didnt hear or dont remember right or forgot...

just let it drop...

Man convicted for post-9/11 slaying, appeal rejected - Stun Gun Savior Self Defense Blog

Jury convicts man who killed Sikh just after 9/11 | Deseret News (Salt Lake City) Newspaper | Find Articles at BNET

List of Post Sept. 11 Hate Crime Victims

any more and its a :hijack:

Top Bottom