• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Desperado

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2017
    Clay County
    Sad story out of Parke County last night....

[FONT=&amp]PARKE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A former Parke County Sheriff and his wife were killed after a Thursday evening accident just south of Rockville.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]The Parke County Sheriff’s Office reports the accident happened about two miles south of Rockville on U.S. 41 just after 11:30 p.m.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Deputies found that a silver Dodge truck and a white Nissan SUV had hit head on.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The truck was driven by 41-year-old Bryan Robertson and the passenger in the truck was 28-year-old Hannah Flaurr of Rockville.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Deputies report it was a 17-year-old female driving the SUV and the two passengers were identified as Michael and Darla Eslinger.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Flaurr was taken to Regional Hospital for serious injuries. The 17-year-old was trapped in the vehicle and had to be extricated. She was taken to Regional Hospital as well.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Police report Michael and Darla Eslinger were killed in the accident. Michael Eslinger was a past four term Parke County Sheriff and past Executive Director of the Indiana Sheriff’s Association.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Police report Robertson was intoxicated at the time of the crash. He is facing two counts of operating a vehicle while intoxicated causing death and two counts of operating a vehicle while intoxicated causing serious bodily injury.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Parke County Sheriff's Office reports Robertson is still being treated at the hospital and has not been booked yet. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]News 10 will continue to follow this story and bring you the latest when information becomes available.

[/FONT]

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    No sympathy for drunk drivers ESPECIALLY when they kill someone while drunk driving! While I'm torn on the death penalty in this instance I would listen to justifications and give it due consideration.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Sad story out of Parke County last night....

[FONT=&amp]PARKE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A former Parke County Sheriff and his wife were killed after a Thursday evening accident just south of Rockville.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]The Parke County Sheriff’s Office reports the accident happened about two miles south of Rockville on U.S. 41 just after 11:30 p.m.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Deputies found that a silver Dodge truck and a white Nissan SUV had hit head on.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The truck was driven by 41-year-old Bryan Robertson and the passenger in the truck was 28-year-old Hannah Flaurr of Rockville.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Deputies report it was a 17-year-old female driving the SUV and the two passengers were identified as Michael and Darla Eslinger.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Flaurr was taken to Regional Hospital for serious injuries. The 17-year-old was trapped in the vehicle and had to be extricated. She was taken to Regional Hospital as well.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Police report Michael and Darla Eslinger were killed in the accident. Michael Eslinger was a past four term Parke County Sheriff and past Executive Director of the Indiana Sheriff’s Association.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Police report Robertson was intoxicated at the time of the crash. He is facing two counts of operating a vehicle while intoxicated causing death and two counts of operating a vehicle while intoxicated causing serious bodily injury.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Parke County Sheriff's Office reports Robertson is still being treated at the hospital and has not been booked yet. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]News 10 will continue to follow this story and bring you the latest when information becomes available.

[/FONT]

I am saddened by this; Sheriff Eslinger's son is a friend and former co-worker, and I had the opportunity to work with Sheriff Eslinger when he was executive director of the Indiana Sheriffs Association. RIP.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    No sympathy for drunk drivers ESPECIALLY when they kill someone while drunk driving! While I'm torn on the death penalty in this instance I would listen to justifications and give it due consideration.

I am with you here. As much as I have a problem with drunk driving, I still hold to the principle that a crime did not occur if there is not an actual harmed victim, which leaves me having a problem with drunk driving being a crime in and of itself, but I fully support stretching necks when they harm others.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    Mike and his wife Darla have been family friends since the mid 1980's. I am at a loss for words right now. The world is less without them and they will be missed. They left a legacy of honor, courage, and compassion for all that knew them. Prayers for the family.

Top Bottom