• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I want to think that it was stored in case it was needed to stop another school shooting, but we'll never know for sure.

billyramair

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Columbus area
    How ironic, the place that should teach the second ammendment, is a place that a constitutional right cannot be exercised, and is treated like it is evil! How can we expect to be able to keep and bear arms in the future, when our kids are being taught guns are bad and, and won't teach discipline! Don't get me wrong, I know not all teachers are to blame, it is more the fault of the system! Can't believe you could forget something like that though. I work factory maint. And have never found anything cool above a ceiling tile. Irresponsible to forget about it, but I understand wanting it to be hidden, yet available.

Last edited:

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    As a teacher myself, I only wish responsible gun owners would be allowed to either keep or carry a gun. However, the law is the law and there is no way I would bring a weapon to school for any reason. He wasn't thinking.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I sure hope the school boards authorize carry for the Teachers in Indiana. It is not banned in Indiana -anyone that is approved can carry, it's up to the authorities in charge of the schools. One of the schools in Frankfort announced in the paper an off duty LEO will be at one of the schools full time now.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    The law states you cannot possess a firearm on school property.

IC 35-47-9-2

Possession of firearms on school property, at school function, or on school bus; felony
    Sec. 2. A person who possesses a firearm:
    (1) in or on school property;
    (2) in or on property that is being used by a school for a school function; or
    (3) on a school bus;
    commits a Class D felony.

I am a teacher. Not sure I would carry at school, even if I had the legal right to. If carrying for student protection was an assigned/encouraged role for teachers, then I would. We receive enough bad publicity in the news. I wouldn't want to put myself in a situation were I could be accused of doing something that some would view as inappropriate. My job is important to me and don't want to jeopardize my position and/or my reputation.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I wouldn't want to put myself in a situation were I could be accused of doing something that some would view as inappropriate. My job is important to me and don't want to jeopardize my position and/or my reputation.

I don't want to be a jerk about this, but this post + your sig = :n00b:

I am editing this to add: This is easy for me to say because I am not in your position. Not only is my employer very accepting of my being armed at work, my job would be no great loss and my reputation isn't worth the bathroom stalls it's written on.

Last edited:

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    I don't want to be a jerk about this, but this post + your sig = :n00b:

I am editing this to add: This is easy for me to say because I am not in your position. Not only is my employer very accepting of my being armed at work, my job would be no great loss and my reputation isn't worth the bathroom stalls it's written on.

No offense taken.

Have you ever heard the old saying: "Measure twice and cut once"? I try to use that motto. When it comes to my job, I have to be careful. Extra careful. My children and my students are counting on me. If I get fired over something that isn't my primary responsibility, then in my opinion that is a mistake. Again, if I was encouraged or placed in a position where my employer wanted me to carry to protect my students that would be different. However, that is not the situation.

By the way, we have an armed police office at my school everyday.

Finally, I believe I am doing something everyday by teaching children and being a good role model to my students.

:patriot:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom