Former White House Press Sec James Brady (of the Brady Campaign) has died.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    You guys must be way nicer than I am. I say good riddance. He was a turn coat as far as I am concerned. Has a ugly hag for a wife too. I won't miss him.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    RIP Jim Brady.

Hard to have a quarrel with a guy who had the mental capacity of a toddler and was used by others to further their agenda.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Several of you, from youth and/or ignorance, seem to have judged Brady incorrectly.

He had no "evil politics" and was not anti-gun. This man was chosen by the best POTUS this nation has yet had to be his White House Press Secretary and, before that, had been a staunch ally of Republican candidates for many years. Brady, after the shooting, had the mental faculties of an 8 year-old child. He was grossly manipulated by many for their political agenda but Brady was not a willing, cognizant participant. He was a sad shell of the man he had been before the shooting.

May he RIP.

His body may now RIP, the man you wrote about died in March of 81. Those were days of dread waiting for news of the Presidents condition. The memories of the Carter year's were still too fresh.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    What happened to Brady was tragic.

However, he and his cronies used that tragedy to make every attempt to rip apart the Second Amendment and openly spewed mountains of venomous hatred toward any law-abiding citizen that wouldn't 'comply' with their vicious anti-Constitution agenda.

Never, once, did Brady blame Hinckley. Brady blamed guns, blamed the Second Amendment, blamed law-abiding citizens. And blamed you.

Only the rabid, left-loon liberals will miss him. Their lunacy will continue, and they'll still use Brady as a martyr. And if, god forbid, your loved one dies or, worse, is killed, they will cheer, jeer, and applaud at your loss.

Because they STILL hate you.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I don't remember hearing much sympathy or compassion from the left when Charlton Hesston died...not that I'd care to don the SCUBA gear so I can get down to their level.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    What happened to Brady was tragic.

However, he and his cronies used that tragedy to make every attempt to rip apart the Second Amendment and openly spewed mountains of venomous hatred toward any law-abiding citizen that wouldn't 'comply' with their vicious anti-Constitution agenda.

Never, once, did Brady blame Hinckley. Brady blamed guns, blamed the Second Amendment, blamed law-abiding citizens. And blamed you.

Only the rabid, left-loon liberals will miss him. Their lunacy will continue, and they'll still use Brady as a martyr. And if, god forbid, your loved one dies or, worse, is killed, they will cheer, jeer, and applaud at your loss.

Because they STILL hate you.
    The part I highlighted in bold is what I was getting at in the last line of my previous post.

They have been trying to pin the rap from Hinckley's heinous act on all of us since shortly after the day it happened.

I have no love for what the Brady campaign represents but I have compassion for the suffering that was inflicted on James Brady as a result of that fateful day when Hinckley lost the ability to value other human life.

Once again. John Hinckley is solely to blame.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Hard to have a quarrel with a guy who had the mental capacity of a toddler and was used by others to further their agenda.

Not really....Spend some time in a 9/11 Conspiracy thread on INGO...It's really not that hard but it is kind of tedious at times.....

RIP Gun Grabber...I hope the Lord forgives you because I will not...

Last edited:

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Since when does every tragic event require activism? What ever happened to grieving for closure, then going on with life. I dont remember seeing the transition.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    He was shot by a guy who is mentally ill. Too bad the liberals can't focus on that instead of the firearm. Wasn't he suckered into all this Brady bill crap? My take is liberal opportunists used him to forward their agenda with his wife as a very willing participant.

They can't focus on mental illness that would be self endangerment.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Some seem to forget the Reagan demi-god they wish to worship wasn't exactly pro 2nd Amendment.

Ok, I'll bite. Is the perfect candidate/pol out there? I mean one who will be in 100% agreement with the rest of us? I think not. When researching why a purported conservative goes for gun control, I find different scenarios. One is ignorance, another is political pressure. As a governor, Reagan was responding (wrongly IMO) to crime with additional 2A restrictions. I'm won't beat it to death, but I believe his politics overall were closer to mine than any POTUS since. demi-god? That's on you.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I don't blame James Brady for any of the evil his wife fostered upon us after he was shot. He was barely more functional than a vegetable and I am pretty sure he did not have any say in all the gun control activism that was in his name. Now after I heard it ruled a homicide, I hoped that Sarah smothered him to put him out of his misery or something like that... too bad she will continue her crap.

Top Bottom