• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I once tried to do a trade on an Smith & Wesson AR-15 with many upgrades and some fat ("heavy-set" is the nicer description) and gray long bearded employee wouldn't even trade a $500 Glock OUTRIGHT. He then told me that he could not even give me $400 for it since the AR craze is "now over." This was around the very beginning of March 2013. So I walked out annoyed with their pathetic offer. When I walked out of the store I ran into one of my Dad's old friends and I started talking to him and showing him the AR that I tried to sell in the store. This same gray bearded employee ran out through the doors and said to the man I was talking to, "IS HE TRYING TO SELL THIS GUN TO YOU!?" Then his screaming was directed at me, "GUN SALES ON OUR PROPERTY IS NOT TOLERATED. GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE BEFORE I HAVE TO KICK YOUR ASS OUT!" I was like, WOW, I was talking to someone I know...but Okay bud. Also...this wasn't my only bad dealing with this employee...but this was the worst. The other times were before this happened and just him speaking to me like I was dirt on the bottom of a shoe and like I didn't know a thing about guns.

SO, I took that EXACT SAME S&W AR-15 into Plainfield Shooting Supplies recently (very end of May 2013...obviously after all the AR craziness) and spoke directly with Bob. I traded it for a $595 Glock, $150 cash, 2 - 50 Round boxes of regular ball 9mm ammo, and also a 25 round box of 9mm hollowpoints. That AR sat on their shelf for less than 2 hours...sold that same day. Clearly there was still enough room for profit, while still being priced low enough that someone would buy it so quickly.

I just won't go back into Fort Liberty....which is fine...I'm not saddened by this at all. Especially when there are several other much better shops to go to. (Plainfield Shooting Supplies, Indy Trading Post, Premier Arms)

I have no doubt found that Bob at PSS will give the best trade in price of the shops around. You can certainly get more on the private sale, but dealing with Bob is quick and easy, and my experiences have always been that he makes very fair offers that still leave him some meat on the bone. He does a ton of business and on a popular item that he knows he can turn will make a good offer, and he is smart enough to know that making some on both ends of the transaction (some on the new gun he is including in the trade, and some on the used gun he is taking in) it is better than trying to make a killing on the used gun.

That said, I don't get upset if a shop doesn't make me a good offer, that part is just business. I've had several shops not even come close to what Bob has offered me on a trade.

However, the part about the Fort Liberty person running out to yell at you would have royally irked me too, and would kill any future business I would do with them, if it happened to me.

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    Oh, it definitely happened. I may just go into Fort Liberty one more time just so I can get that employee's name...if he is still there.

I believe he is still there and I spoke with him Friday. I'm neutral on the store, but I've stopped in a few times because it's close. The gentleman in question was nice and helpful. There was a younger guy there as well and we talked AR's for a few minutes. He had a very nice, short barrelled Noveske and I was asking about the process for aquiring a SBR. They did have a nice sale going on new Gen3 Glocks for $479 which is cheaper than what you see in the classifieds. I'm very tempted to make a purchase at that price.

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    So why is it hard for people at Fort Liberty to pick up a phone and call someone? Twice now I have had firearms delivered to them, and twice they haven't bothered to contact me when the firearm arrives. I just found out that they've had a rifle I ordered for several days without calling. I only happened to find out it had been delivered when the manufacturer sent me an invoice in the mail.

For a $50 transfer fee I think a phone call wouldn't be too much to ask. Or should I have just been calling once or twice a day - "is it here now? how about now?"

I want to use them for an FFL since I'm in Avon....but I think from now on I'll make the drive to Bradis or PSS.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    So why is it hard for people at Fort Liberty to pick up a phone and call someone? Twice now I have had firearms delivered to them, and twice they haven't bothered to contact me when the firearm arrives. I just found out that they've had a rifle I ordered for several days without calling. I only happened to find out it had been delivered when the manufacturer sent me an invoice in the mail.

For a $50 transfer fee I think a phone call wouldn't be too much to ask. Or should I have just been calling once or twice a day - "is it here now? how about now?"

I want to use them for an FFL since I'm in Avon....but I think from now on I'll make the drive to Bradis or PSS.

50.00? They should deliver it to your house for that.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

I believe this FFL BZ GunZ, LLC - Home does transfers for $15 and he is located in Plainfield.

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN

'

I have to take back my complaint on this one. The employees told me that the manufacturer did not send my contact information along with the rifle. Since this had happened before, I assumed it was Ft Liberty's fault.

Fort Liberty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Transfers, which we are happy to do, are $30.00 cash. Please have the sender provide their ID or FFL. They should provide the buyer with a tracking number so you will know when it arrives. Thanks

Fort Liberty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    IF...
    we were to need an employee. They would need to be available at least 3 days per week, sometimes a Saturday, never a Sunday. (we no longer attend the Indy 1500)
    They would have to provide great customer service which is mostly about patience and product knowledge. They would need to be dependable, we are small so not being able to come when scheduled would really put me in a bind. They could work for a paycheck or store credit which could be used toward discounted inventory and special order items. Lastly, they would need personal and employment references.
    direct questions to scott@fortlibertyfirearms.com

Last edited:

Fort Liberty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Will will be closing one hour early (1600) next Saturday, March 1st, to attend the Hendricks County Friends of the NRA annual banquet. Hope to see you there.
    Scott

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Another +1 for Fort Liberty! They called Thursday evening with news that my Glock 42 was in. I was on a short waiting list for one of these since they were first released. I picked it up Friday. The price was great, and they sold me a great holster (Flash Bang Prohibition series Capone) that is a Cross-breed Style with nicer leather and half the price.

These guys always make me feel welcome in the store and are great to talk to. Prices are always competitive, and service is outstanding. I think this is the 3rd or 4th gun I've bought from them since they opened, and I've had nothing but 5 star experiences, with all of their staff, especially Scott.

I ran 200 rounds through the gun yesterday, and it was wonderful. It onlyi had a bit of trouble with the occasional feed on 50 rounds of Speer ammo with lead free bullets. I've seen online reviews where G42's had trouble with lead-free Barnes bullets, too, so no worries. It ate WWB, Remington Golden Saber, Cor-Bon, and Remington Ultimate Defense with no issues. It was extremely comfortable, and accurate, too! I LOVE this gun! I just have to keep my wife from carrying it. She'll have to get her own!

Thanks again!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Another +1 for Fort Liberty! They called Thursday evening with news that my Glock 42 was in. I was on a short waiting list for one of these since they were first released. I picked it up Friday. The price was great, and they sold me a great holster (Flash Bang Prohibition series Capone) that is a Cross-breed Style with nicer leather and half the price.

These guys always make me feel welcome in the store and are great to talk to. Prices are always competitive, and service is outstanding. I think this is the 3rd or 4th gun I've bought from them since they opened, and I've had nothing but 5 star experiences, with all of their staff, especially Scott.

I ran 200 rounds through the gun yesterday, and it was wonderful. It onlyi had a bit of trouble with the occasional feed on 50 rounds of Speer ammo with lead free bullets. I've seen online reviews where G42's had trouble with lead-free Barnes bullets, too, so no worries. It ate WWB, Remington Golden Saber, Cor-Bon, and Remington Ultimate Defense with no issues. It was extremely comfortable, and accurate, too! I LOVE this gun! I just have to keep my wife from carrying it. She'll have to get her own!

Thanks again!

That's my LGS too. They've always been good to me and I've bought several guns from them.

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    I was in there once and was treated well. I think it was the owner I was talking to at the time. They didn't have what I wanted at the time, but were willing to help me out.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I got a Sig P229 357Sig from Fort Liberty last fall.
    It was my first time dealing with them.
    I was happy with the service and would go back there again.
    The guy I dealt with was a younger guy, and I want to say his name was "Don"? (but I might be wrong)

Top Bottom