• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah. It was worth the $125 price. I'm just a tightwad looking for a "deal". I think my issue at the shows is that I've always hovered towards the lower end of the scale on gun stuff. I don't necessarily mean in quality but definitely price. I will call myself frugal in a way. I understand dealers having overhead to worry about with their business. What I don't understand are the private indivuals (not all of them either) who set up tables and try to price gouge customers. I seriously saw a guy at the Gunslinger's 500 at K's Merchandise trying to sell a Sigma 9mm for $500, now come on dude, that is $100 more than even Gander Mtn. Who was he kidding? What's wrong with lowering your prices on some of the stuff and make, say...$50 off each gun. Now I'm talking lowered priced stuff, like under $500 guns. Am I completely out in left field with this? Keep in mind, I usually buy less expensive firearms (less than $400).
    I don't want to pick on you, but let's talk about this. First you say you are frugal (tightwad) and you buy less expensive firearms. OK, the lower the price, the less room there is to negotiate the price. Are you in left field? Would you take 20 % discount on your gun if you were selling? He could have it priced as low as he could, so he could sell it fast. You say the individuals should not make any money as they do not have the same expense as the business does. The individual has money invested in the product, table rent, hotel expense, travel expense (gas, time, overhead)
    spends two days at the building and you have the gall to give him he__ for trying to make a few bucks. He couldn't be making much more than that by selling a 150 dollar item for 125 bucks. He was probably being rude because he felt you insulted him. Most of the vendors at the shows have some room to work on the pricing, but some do not. Some price their items at what they need to get to cover expenses. Just think about it. My :twocents:

Top Bottom