• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Gotta say, I was a little disappointed. Not nearly as big as I expected. Worse, I only came across one vender displaying INGO pride. Here's to you Indiana Supply Co for keeping it from a total loss. :ingo:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    2nd time for me at the coliseum. Definitely not impressed. My only interest there was an old Stevens 12 ga pump. The guy wouldn't come down a measly $25 on it (he had $125, I offered $100). I only wanted it out of boredom, instead my offer upset him and I left with nothing. Another $10 down the crapper at the Coliseum. I would be more interested in stuff if the pricing wasn't obsurd, seriously seemed liked most older guns are priced 35% too high. Maybe I'm just whining, but deals seem hard to find in Fort Wayne. On a good note I didn't see any $500 Sigma 9mm's either, like at the last show at K's Merch.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    how do You / we expect it to grow if we dont support it !
    i was there and yes it was still little and the deals were there you just had to look deep for them !

Hard to support it when nobody ever has what you're looking for and even when they do it's over-priced and they won't come down on price. I've been to 4 gun shows this year so far and only purchased 2 easily available firearms: a Remington shotgun and a Mosin Nagant rifle, and I overpaid for the shotgun because of the name. Unless you collect $600-$1000 S&W revolvers, are into hunting rifles/shotguns, or want to put 3 million accessories on your AR, then Gun Shows are not for you. I am the average Joe who isn't super rich, doesn't have 3 Kimbers, doesn't have $2000 wrapped into a DPMS, and doesn't want to own 10 different shotguns. I'm just a nobody who likes to shoot guns that I can afford but has a hard time finding them reasonbly priced/available. Good example was today, looked for .22lr revolver for under $250-$300. Only thing found were the SA Rough Rider style revolvers. Did not see any DA/SA decently priced ones at all. I walked the place twice. Just my :twocents:

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    IMO

i enjoy going to gun show's !
    I wish Fort wayne would be bigger But if it was as big as the 1500 we would be complaining about how we could'nt get thru the isle's could'nt see over three deep people to a table. Ruby big hips bump into us three times with her oversized overnight bag(Purse) and we had to walk 3 blk's Because the Bridal show was in the blue ribbon building dont get me wrong i go to the 1500 and enjoy that one also !

I will keep going to the Fort wayne show (maybe not every one but i will keep going)

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    2nd time for me at the coliseum. Definitely not impressed. My only interest there was an old Stevens 12 ga pump. The guy wouldn't come down a measly $25 on it (he had $125, I offered $100). I only wanted it out of boredom, instead my offer upset him and I left with nothing. Another $10 down the crapper at the Coliseum. I would be more interested in stuff if the pricing wasn't obsurd, seriously seemed liked most older guns are priced 35% too high. Maybe I'm just whining, but deals seem hard to find in Fort Wayne. On a good note I didn't see any $500 Sigma 9mm's either, like at the last show at K's Merch.

$25 off a $125 item is pretty different than $25 off a $700 item. I don't think I would sell a gun for 20% off my asking price either.

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    Gotta say, I was a little disappointed. Not nearly as big as I expected. Worse, I only came across one vender displaying INGO pride. Here's to you Indiana Supply Co for keeping it from a total loss. :ingo:

You must have missed Brad's Knives and Knife Lady, they are INGO supporters and Brad had a INGO hat on. :ingo:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    $25 off a $125 item is pretty different than $25 off a $700 item. I don't think I would sell a gun for 20% off my asking price either.

I've worked in Retail a good portion of the last 10 years of my life. A sale is better than no sale. I would rather make some profit than none and hold out for top dollar for lord knows how long. Not to mention when you turn away a somewhat reasonable offer that customer will go and put there money into your competitor's pocket. Now granted I have no idea what the guy had invested in the shotgun. He stated no to my offer quite rudely and began to tell me how he wasn't going to do that show again because people try to beat him up on prices all the time. He had the same stuff he had last time I saw him earlier this year. I'm sure I offended him though. I simply said OK and walked away. I will go buy something from someone else. I don't think he would have came down $5 to be honest with you, it wasn't like i offered him $40.

deter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Auburn, IN
    I have a hard time supporting the show also. I always have low expectations, and I'm still disappointed. Like was said already: ti me, its not worth the parking and admission prices.

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    I've worked in Retail a good portion of the last 10 years of my life. A sale is better than no sale. I would rather make some profit than none and hold out for top dollar for lord knows how long. Not to mention when you turn away a somewhat reasonable offer that customer will go and put there money into your competitor's pocket. Now granted I have no idea what the guy had invested in the shotgun. He stated no to my offer quite rudely and began to tell me how he wasn't going to do that show again because people try to beat him up on prices all the time. He had the same stuff he had last time I saw him earlier this year. I'm sure I offended him though. I simply said OK and walked away. I will go buy something from someone else. I don't think he would have came down $5 to be honest with you, it wasn't like i offered him $40.
    :dunno:
    I may have missed the Quality of this Stevens pump gun was the gun worth The $125 he was asking! Heck single shot shot guns will bring $125 sometime on Ingo !

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    :dunno:
    I may have missed the Quality of this Stevens pump gun was the gun worth The $125 he was asking! Heck single shot shot guns will bring $125 sometime on Ingo !

Yeah. It was worth the $125 price. I'm just a tightwad looking for a "deal". I think my issue at the shows is that I've always hovered towards the lower end of the scale on gun stuff. I don't necessarily mean in quality but definitely price. I will call myself frugal in a way. I understand dealers having overhead to worry about with their business. What I don't understand are the private indivuals (not all of them either) who set up tables and try to price gouge customers. I seriously saw a guy at the Gunslinger's 500 at K's Merchandise trying to sell a Sigma 9mm for $500, now come on dude, that is $100 more than even Gander Mtn. Who was he kidding? What's wrong with lowering your prices on some of the stuff and make, say...$50 off each gun. Now I'm talking lowered priced stuff, like under $500 guns. Am I completely out in left field with this? Keep in mind, I usually buy less expensive firearms (less than $400).

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.

You must have missed Brad's Knives and Knife Lady, they are INGO supporters and Brad had a INGO hat on. :ingo:

Sorry you missed us. Saturday I had a INGO shirt and hat on. Sunday I just had my INGO hat on. Plus we had INGO stickers on our tables that we were giving away to other INGO members that came by and said hello.

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    It's definitely not like it used to be when it was in the Expo Center. This year it was downstairs and was much smaller than before. I did happen to pick up a S&W 40VE for $285 new though. My stepdad found a 400 round case of 5.56 x 45 ammo for his AR for around $0.34 per round.

I'll continue to go and support it so it doesn't totally die out though......

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I took my boys to the coliseum gun show. Lucky for me a buddy drove and didn't want to walk so he paid for the parking. It cost me $10 to get in and buy a mag for $5 less then normal. I was very disappointed in the event

Around the first of Oct the fort wayne 500 (I think) was in town and it was a much nicer show and only cost me $5. Picked up some air soft guns for my boys.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN

I have been in sales my whole working life. A sale is definatly not always better than no sale. 20% is a huge discount in any business. I understand why some sellers get frustrated with the low balls, it's part of the deal but still.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Well I really enjoy the Ft Wayne show. I have only done it 3 or 4 times now and I hope it continues to grow. We get low ball offers all the time and if we can come down on prices we do but not always and not always at the customers prices. Sometimes we can but we have expenses at these shows too. Table fees, hotels, meals, gasoline and inventory. If you do not promote the shows then they will no longer exist but just the big ones. Then you will have to travel to go out of town to a show because you did not support the local show then it will cost you more in the long run also. This really amazes me on the prices because at the shows I see people bringing in their items for sale with top dollar prices on them and they dont budge on their prices. :dunno: Sounds to me like a 2 way street there. Low attendance brings in less vendors. It is a catch 22 for all concerned.

Hi Lilly and Autumn:D

Top Bottom