• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A_Tomic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Orland, IN
    Last updated: January 27, 2010 2:39 p.m.
    Slain suspect in home invasion ID'd

The Journal Gazette

The death of a 21-year-old Fort Wayne man has been ruled the city and county’s second homicide of 2010. Trenton Tavon Jones was shot outside a home in the 4700 block of Reed Street about 3:15 a.m. Police said earlier today that Jones appeared to have been taking part in a home invasion and was forcing his way into the home when the residents woke up.
    One of the residents approached the front door with a gun, and an unknown number of shots were fired, according to a written statement from officer Raquel Foster, a police spokesperson. Jones was found outside, his face covered by a ski mask and a weapon close by, the statement said.
    He died less than an hour later from "gunshot wound(s)" at a city hospital, according to a written statement from the coroner’s office.
    Other suspects might have fled the scene in a dark vehicle, police said.
    The shooting is under investigation by police, the coroner’s office and the Allen County Prosecutor’s Office.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I hope the homeowner was unhurt and faces little problem for this if it was as justified as the report makes it seem.

Yeah... if he was participating in the invasion, then I don't see how it would be ruled anything other than justifiable homicide in self-defense. I'm sure they'll rule it as such, though.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    I hate to say it but the homeowners are likely f'd being in fort wayne. The mayor and police chief have both made statements saying they do not want their citizens armed. Hence the "victim/suspect"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Trns,

Yes, they both have been vocal about their stance on gun owners and firearms. The saving grace that I see is Sheriff Fries who is very friendly to gun owners, even suggesting on the Pat White WOWO radio show that everyone qualified to own a firearm should own and practice with one to protect themselves. He even mentioned the "we (cops) can't be everywhere" line. If I was a resident of Allen County, he would have my vote.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Trns,

Yes, they both have been vocal about their stance on gun owners and firearms. The saving grace that I see is Sheriff Fries who is very friendly to gun owners, even suggesting on the Pat White WOWO radio show that everyone qualified to own a firearm should own and practice with one to protect themselves. He even mentioned the "we (cops) can't be everywhere" line. If I was a resident of Allen County, he would have my vote.

It sucks that because the fort is 2nd largest city in Indiana that Mayor Henry thinks he's the next bloomberg. I really really hope he gets voted out of office and Rusty York... Just look at him, he looks like a tool.

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I read in the paper that the invader's only prior arrest was for illegally carrying a handgun. He was found not guilty. Gun control at it's best, glad all those laws are there.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    It sucks that because the fort is 2nd largest city in Indiana that Mayor Henry thinks he's the next bloomberg. I really really hope he gets voted out of office and Rusty York... Just look at him, he looks like a tool.
    Sheriff Fries is a good man. Henry is an elitist douch. Rusty York, whom I know personally, is an a-hole of epic proportion. We will do ourselves well to rid our city of these jerks.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    It's not over until it's over. I don't trust the Allen County Courts...

I'd be more concerned about The Allen County Prosecutor's Office. They decide if it even goes to court.
    Remeber the Robbery/Shooting at Capt-n-Cork on the southside about a 1 1/2 ago where a clerk was coming into work, walked in on a Robbery in progress and shot and killed the would be robber? The clerk had to give up his gun until the investigation was over and fill out a few Police reports. No charges were ever filled against the clerk.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I'd be more concerned about The Allen County Prosecutor's Office. They decide if it even goes to court.
    Remeber the Robbery/Shooting at Capt-n-Cork on the southside about a 1 1/2 ago where a clerk was coming into work, walked in on a Robbery in progress and shot and killed the would be robber? The clerk had to give up his gun until the investigation was over and fill out a few Police reports. No charges were ever filled against the clerk.

This why I always say you need another handgun. Because they will take your gun until the investigation is over. Have a good second carry firearm.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom