• Status
    Not open for further replies.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    , Marlin 39a,.

OOOOOHHH I have always wanted to handle and shoot one of those... May I ask the year of this one???.. (After all they have been making this gun for over 100 years)

I would wonder if I bring a long a few extra shells for this, if I may take a shot or two

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Roush Lake RO'S and rapid fire

they have a timed firing line, then cease fire when you bench arms, open chamber and remove magazine. proceed down range when all clear is called and at no other time.
    don't you DARE touch the firearm during cease fire or Bonewitz will be on you in a heartbeat :):
    overall they're pretty insistent on their rules, and watch shooters like a hawk, which is great considering the crap i've seen from the nubs.
    otherwise basic firearm safety.
    no automatic, or rapid fire. no .50 BMG. no rifles on the 25yd range.

I know Fred, Bob, Jeramiah, Andy and Steve.... Which one is Bonewitz??? Bob And Steve are probably the most up-tight of the bunch with Steve taking the prize.
    Would rather not shoot when Steve is on....uisually every Thuirsday. And they really do frown on shooting more than one round per second.

But it is really a good, safe place to shoot.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Training Day

It isn't a qual day. It isn't even a training day. So, no, there is nobody standing behind you scoring your shots, and nobody is running pit duty keeping score, too. There isn't even a pit. And the range doesn't go out to 500 yards either.

But the range is very professional. The range will be called hot or cold from the tower, and the RSO keeps an eye out for unsafe behavior, constantly enforcing the range rules. If the rules are followed, it is not dangerous as you suggest.

It is an open invitation to people who want to shoot, meet, and eat. If it sounds fun, come join us. We won't even hold your comment against you. Or, if you'd rather shoot at the other range, you're welcome to do that, too. We'll have fun. You can have fun with us or without us. Either way, lets just all have fun. Rah?

+1

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I thought I'd post a list of the weapons I plan to bring. I will provide all ammo for our Wounded Warriors and any active duty military personnel who want to shoot these.

Handguns:
    Beretta M9 9mm USMC model
    FN FiveSeven 5.7x28
    FNP .45 Tactical w/red dot and Osprey suppressor
    Kriss Vector .45 acp pistol w/EoTec and suppressor
    S&W 500 ES 2 1/2" 500 magnum
    S&W 460 ES 2 1/2 460 magnum
    Sig Sauer 1911/.22 with Tac-65 suppressor

Carbines:
    FN FS2000 5.56 bullpup w/ACOG and Red Dot
    HK USC .45 acp carbine
    KelTec Sub 2000 9mm

Anyone else is welcome to shoot these as long as the ammo supply lasts.

The S&W 500 and 460 ammo will go to the WW and Active Duty free of cost. After that, others may shoot one shot free on me, then the 460 and 500 ammo costs $3 a shot.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I thought I'd post a list of the weapons I plan to bring. I will provide all ammo for our Wounded Warriors and any active duty military personnel who want to shoot these.

Handguns:

S&W 500 ES 2 1/2" 500 magnum
    S&W 460 ES 2 1/2 460 magnum

Anyone else is welcome to shoot these as long as the ammo supply lasts.

The S&W 500 and 460 ammo will go to the WW and Active Duty free of cost. After that, others may shoot one shot free on me, then the 460 and 500 ammo costs $3 a shot.

This is pure torture I now have to beg a couple shots from those two, I have wanted to shoot /own one of those for a bit.. SO please reserve 2 shots each for me and I will gladly gleefullly pay the price per shot.. And 3 bucks a shot is CHEAP..

I would not let any free-loading-big-caliber-wannabes like me touch my 500 or 460 for anything less then 6 bucks a shot :):

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I know Fred, Bob, Jeramiah, Andy and Steve.... Which one is Bonewitz??? Bob And Steve are probably the most up-tight of the bunch with Steve taking the prize.
    Would rather not shoot when Steve is on....usually every Thursday. And they really do frown on shooting more than one round per second.

But it is really a good, safe place to shoot.

"Fred Bonewitz" is the range office in question.

ETA: No, I guess it's Bob.

Last edited:

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I hope to bring a couple active duty soldiers with me to try out their new to them, Mosin and Mauser rifles. I will most likely bring a 1911, PMR30, PS90 and an AR. Really depends on what screams "Take Me" that day when the safe door opens.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the range. Lets hope for a clear warm day.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I hope to bring a couple active duty soldiers with me to try out their new to them, Mosin and Mauser rifles. I will most likely bring a 1911, PMR30, PS90 and an AR. Really depends on what screams "Take Me" that day when the safe door opens.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the range. Lets hope for a clear warm day.
    I have seen your collection. How in the world can you possibly select something to take!:D:eek:

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    I'm going to try and make this, I just need to convince the better half that this is more important than moving. Or maybe letting me take a break from moving.

I'd like to have my son talk to some of the Vets that may be there in regards to his joining the service. He needs some first hand accounts of what its like, what to expect and what branch to look at for the field he wants to go into. If we are not allowed to go
    smiley-vault-misc-085.gif
    , I'd like to meet up locally another time so that he can have a one on one with some of you (I'll buy the Coffee).

FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...
    I'm going to try and make this, I just need to convince the better half that this is more important than moving. Or maybe letting me take a break from moving.

I'd like to have my son talk to some of the Vets that may be there in regards to his joining the service. He needs some first hand accounts of what its like, what to expect and what branch to look at for the field he wants to go into. If we are not allowed to go
    smiley-vault-misc-085.gif
    , I'd like to meet up locally another time so that he can have a one on one with some of you (I'll buy the Coffee).
    Send me a PM ill be glad to talk to him about the Marine Corps

RIPPER PSD, do you know if charcoal smokers are allowed on the range. I'm thinking food now. :rockwoot:

^no idea at all maybe someone else does!

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    Ripper......I wanted to go also, but will be moving. We have to turn over possession of our house on that day. Bad thing is I won't make it......good thing is that we are moving from FW to Huntington and I will be close to Roush now. Trading the city and subdivision for a house in the country with some land and a stocked pond! Adios Fort Wayne!

FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...
    So about how many people are planning on coming to this? I plan to bring my younger brothers and sisters most have shot before, i think it would be a good time for familys to connect and teach each other about firearms and safety. Have a merry Christmas all hope to see you there. Anyone have ideas as far as food after or did chocktaw2 find out about the grills?

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    So about how many people are planning on coming to this? I plan to bring my younger brothers and sisters most have shot before, i think it would be a good time for familys to connect and teach each other about firearms and safety. Have a merry Christmas all hope to see you there. Anyone have ideas as far as food after or did chocktaw2 find out about the grills?

Better start counting the number of people who posted in the thread!

Dad and I are still planning to attend, and my girlfriend has said she's coming. Got a couple other friends who aren't on INGO who may or may not show up.

nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Still plan on attending, though I doubt I stay more than 2 hours. Previous obligations (Thanks to the wife) will require my attention in the Fort by 3 p.m.

As for the range being closed, I checked the DNR site today and it stated the range will be closed at 25 degrees.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom