• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Enjoyed myself again other than the possibility of a heat stroke.

You will find that the Ranges always seem much hotter. Not sure if it's the heat from the guns or all the HOT AIR that is being spewed from the competitors. LOL :):

On a more serious note. Learn from the Military and Desert Training. Drink 3 times as much water as normal and do not wait until your feel the need for water.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Thanks for putting on another good match.

Although I can't remember ever calling so many FTSA. Probably just a combo of some specific positioning and the heat.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Our range does get hot.... not much shade plus the stones, and the berms/trees along the outside block any breeze.
    The heat really got to me... I think it was a culmination of being out in it all week w/ vacation. I had a number of FTSA and forgot the reload on the classifier. I was struggling during walkthroughs even counting targets.... I'd start counting targets, then switch to counting rounds and kept confusing myself. I even had a FTSA on a pretty open target on one of the stages I designed... my plan worked perfectly, only the stage needed 28 rounds and my plan was for 26. doh. forgot a whole position that was in my plan on stage 2. my actual trigger pulling wasn't horrible, but my brain just wasn't working....

I had a few years worth of penalties in this one match....

-rvb

Last edited:

jpr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    This being only my second time out, I learned quite a bit. The biggest being prepare better for the heat and make sure to check the battery cap on my red dot which happened to come off during the last stage. I didn't even know it until after I was finished and someone asked what was on my head. Yep, battery cap.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    This Sunday (the 18th) is match day! Hope to see you there. See details in the 1st post.

we'll be doing setup Saturday at 9am. Any and all help is appreciated! Setup crew shoots for free!

-rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Huge shout out to Dan and Corey (who already spent time at the range building stages earlier in the week) plus Steve and Bryan (a couple of our newer regulars) for helping out on stages this morning. Thank you! We have 4 great field courses on the ground for tomorrow... a great mix of shooting challenges!

-rvb

Top Bottom