• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Fort Wayne's May USPSA match is this Sunday, May 18.

Registration Begins: 9:00 A.M.
    Shooters Meeting: 9:45 A.M.
    Match Begins: 10:00 A.M.
    Registration Fee:
    $20 (non-member)
    $15 (member)
    $5 (setup crew)
    Juniors shoot free with paid adult

The Fort Wayne Rifle and Revolver (FWRR) gun club is located north of Harlan, IN, just off 37.
    15901 Rupert Rd
    Grabill, IN 46741

Maps and directions can be found at www.fwrr.us

"Like" us on facebook, at www.facebook.com/fwuspsa
    Questions? Email me at ftw_uspsa@yahoo.com or PM me here.

Come "warm up" on Thursday night at our practice night:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ort-wayne-uspsa-thursday-practice-nights.html

This month we will start using electronic scoring!

-rvb

Last edited:

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Round count I would guesstimate a around 120-135 rounds based on last year's matches. We won't know for sure until later this week when some stages get put on the ground.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Just a heads up on some minor changes from how we've always done things in the past, largely brought on by the transition to electronic scoring....

1) We will still have a paper sign-in sheet like always so we can keep track of the fees pd and as a backup of the registration info. We will then enter you in the tablet. If you have have shot with us in the past, you should already be in the Practiscore database (imported from EZWinscore), so it will be a simple/quick matter to enter your division/PF.

2) We will create squads at registration. The squad # you sign up in will be the bay you start in. For example, if you sign up in squad 4, plan to go to bay 4 for your first stage. There are great big numbers at the top of the berms in each bay, can't miss 'em.

-rvb

Last edited:

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Just a heads up on some minor changes from how we've always done things in the past, largely brought on by the transition to electronic scoring....

1) We will still have a paper sign-in sheet like always so we can keep track of the fees pd and as a backup of the registration info. We will then enter you in the tablet. If you have have shot with us in the past, you should already be in the Practiscore database (imported from EZWinscore), so it will be a simple/quick matter to enter your division/PF.

2) We will create squads at registration. The squad # you sign up in will be the bay you start in. For example, if you sign up in squad 4, plan to go to bay 4 for your first stage. There are great big numbers at the top of the berms in each bay, can't miss 'em.

-rvb
    Unless of course they fall down again lol

smith52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Kosciusko County
    My squad at Warsaw last week seemed to like the Nooks. Some of the folks helping out have been using the Kindles said they really liked how visible the screen was on the Nook and the refresh speed was not really an issue.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Yea, visibility is awesome. The data entry/refresh speed isn't bad, but it is possible to out-run it... just have to get used to it. Scrolling is the thing I like the least... it seems to only scroll a complete page, so you can't scroll down when you're just "close" to the bottom, you have to wait till you have all the targets on the screen scored then scroll...

-rvb

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    I was impressed with the visibility, huge difference from the Kindle. The refresh rate when entering scores was lacking but manageable. All in all pretty easy and scores were out before I was home. I heard through the grapevine RVB has some mobile router get up that will be quick!

BROBERTS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Warsaw IN.
    I heard through the grapevine RVB has some mobile router get up that will be quick!
    :yesway: :yesway:

[We will now be able to accomplish the same technological feats as the other clubs! Awesome!]

-rvb

We had a router out too. That was the biggest problem we had I believe was I think Tim said the nooks would loose connection and would have problems picking it back up. But it still went good. We just add people to the squads at the bays. I think it was move shooter.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    I like the nooks so far. Scrolling isn't bad if you use the side hard buttons.

Need to load some ammo but looking forward to shooting Sunday.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    We had a router out too. That was the biggest problem we had I believe was I think Tim said the nooks would loose connection and would have problems picking it back up. But it still went good. We just add people to the squads at the bays. I think it was move shooter.

Did you have the screensaver on? I found it looses connection if the screensaver comes on. Then you have to go into the nook and reconnect. So I set ours to not come on for an hr.

Top Bottom