• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What would INGO do with ~1 yr old REI merch?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Why do you prefer the reservoir?

I'm not sure that I do, but I'm giving it a try. I've used Smart bottles for several years now, and they are hard to beat. We'll see how the reservoir measures up.

I'm going on a two-night trip with a very light (10 oz.) pack, but one of the sacrifices of such a light pack is that it doesn't have an external water bottle pouch. So I'm going to try the reservoir this time. We'll see.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    That's odd because they didn't have any in store last week. Maybe they got my email, felt bad and restocked!

Well, REI is a co-op, and you are a member, so perhaps they did listen. We can dream, right?

Realistically, I know that my politics are different than the majority of REI members. The co-op is going to follow the membership. It's just not a deal-breaker for me.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    So you're considering returning something you bought and have been using, because after you bought it you decided you don't like the store where you bought it anymore?

Not something I would do.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Interesting INGO social experiment here. :popcorn:

For those that don't shop there... they have a one year unconditional satisfaction guarantee. Return it for any reason. As a result of this type of guarantee their prices are pretty high. As a result of this type of guarantee they often have "garage sales" for returned items. I've bought a pair of Merrell boots at one of their garage sales (outside the 1 year guarantee). It's their business model. They stepped into the anti-2A political arena.

Does this info sway anyone's vote?

(for the record, I'm probably keeping the hiking gear but I did clean it in case I did return it)

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    It is 3 pages in and no one has asked the relevant question yet. WTH were you shopping at REI in the first place? Better gear at more reasonable prices can be found at a lot places that don't require you to rub elbows with dirty, patchoulie reeking, granola chompers.

Top Bottom