Found another gun tucked away in dads junk. Supermatic citation.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Very interesting. The styling looks 1950's to me. I was not aware it was a competition gun but the sights and tricker could really be that level. It sounds like i wont be waltzing around the bush with this thing in a home made holster. But im definitly going to to shoot the snot out of it asap.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I have a "Sport-King". They are very accurate and reliably. A lot of fun to shoot. I found a website and ran the serial number. Mine was made around 1956. Mine is a little more of a base model, I believe. I did other research, and found that High Velocity rounds are not recommended. Also, if you did not know already, High Standard reopened in Texas. I bought an extra magazine for mine.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    I have a "Sport-King". They are very accurate and reliably. A lot of fun to shoot. I found a website and ran the serial number. Mine was made around 1956. Mine is a little more of a base model, I believe. I did other research, and found that High Velocity rounds are not recommended. Also, if you did not know already, High Standard reopened in Texas. I bought an extra magazine for mine.

thats super cool they re-opened. I have a derringer in a bag missing the part that makes the second barrel fire. No doubt disassembled by my dad and forgotten about. Wonder if i could order the piece from them.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009

thats super cool they re-opened. I have a derringer in a bag missing the part that makes the second barrel fire. No doubt disassembled by my dad and forgotten about. Wonder if i could order the piece from them.

yes "mitchels high standards" is in business, but the quality isnt the same and older high standards, and i dont think they are making the derringers, as far as that go's be careful the reason you dad couldnt get it to fire is that they are a huge pita to work on, the smith i know cusses every time someone drops one off!

G-Niner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    I think the 'SH' serial number dates it to the early '80's. I have a Victor from the same time period and three earlier Hamden High-Standards. Really nice guns.

Top Bottom