• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    I was walking to my gym last night when I noticed this on the sidewalk. I immediately recognized it as a bullet. I live in Lawrence (Fort Ben area) and although I have found bullets on the sidewalk before, I can't help thinking that this one may have been from a new years celebration.

This was laying right on the sidewalk outside of the gym, that is attached to my apartment complex. Heavily populated area. This could have been very dangerous. 20220104_194009.jpg 20220104_193949.jpg 20220104_194005.jpg

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Looks like a 5.56/223. From the damage it has, it still has some velocity when it hit the sidewalk. Would not have felt good! We had lots of fireworks going off on the west side of Indy and the random “that didn’t sound like fireworks” thing early New Years morning…

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Looks like a 5.56/223. From the damage it has, it still has some velocity when it hit the sidewalk. Would not have felt good! We had lots of fireworks going off on the west side of Indy and the random “that didn’t sound like fireworks” thing early New Years morning…
    None of that was fireworks...

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    When I was going to school in Dallas, there was public housing 1/2 a block south of the Married Student Dorms. The brick walls facing the projects had multiple poc marks from stray bullets.. It was very common to find projectiles in the parking lots, sidewalks and the picnic areas. Mostly 7.62 X 39 and 9mm. There were a few other men that had been in the service and could recognize the sound of small arms fire. When we heard it we got the children off the playground and into the buildings. Sad that any major city in America has to deal with that stupidity.

That was a very good part of town just 30 years earlier, until public housing went in.

Last edited:

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    I've been living in this area for the past three years, and this is probably the 3rd or 4th time that I've found bullets. I found some 9mm bullets in the parking lot of the Ivy Tech building in Fort Ben.
    I posted this one because it seemed to be a stray from New Years Eve celebrations.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I've been living in this area for the past three years, and this is probably the 3rd or 4th time that I've found bullets. I found some 9mm bullets in the parking lot of the Ivy Tech building in Fort Ben.
    I posted this one because it seemed to be a stray from New Years Eve celebrations.
    I'm surprised you only found one. I worked NYE and there were multiple calls of bullets into houses. Last NYE I worked, they were hitting the metal overhang I was sitting under.

jlm223

Aim Small Miss Small
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Muncie
    They were no ammo shortage on the South side of Muncie on the New Year! Checked my truck and roof the next morning, no holes that I could see, couple years ago had a bullet hole in the gutter.

Top Bottom