• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ever since I bought my 1934 Tula 91/30, I've wanted an M38 or M44.
    Well, I found an M44 walking around at the 1500 on Saturday! It's a 1945 Izhevsk (I gotta find out how to pronounce that!)
    It's not perfect; it's been counterbored and all numbers match except that the magazine floor plate is electropenciled.
    On the good side, it has a nice laminated stock without any unsightly splices and the blueing looks fresh from being re-armored. The bore looks good except for the counterboring.
    It was imported by TGI; not sure how long it's been here in the USA.
    I'm really looking forward to trying it out when I can find somewhere to shoot it!

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    nice, i picked one up this weekend too. different from yours, mine has the original stock and was not recently blued. I got it from a friend of mine so I know it has been well taken care of for the past couple years.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    May you have many happy fireballs! I've had really good luck, and awesome fireballs, using the Polish steel cased ammo that Aim sells. They are currently out of stock, but keep checking with them.:yesway:

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    I picked up 2 more for my collection Sunday, a 42 Tikka M91, and a 47 Izhevsk M44, @ the Sharonville, Ohio show. I was @ the 1500 Saturday morning and there was a total of 9 MN forsale, 3-M44's, 3-91/30's, 2-M39's, and one Balkans heritage M91. I don't think I will be making a return trip to the 1500 after fighting those narrow isles jammed full of people.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I just got one last month finally. Now I'm trying to find some of that heavy ball yellow tip stuff because supposedly it throws the best flames.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Congrats on the purchases!

I didn't even see the M39's.... that's why I hate it there when it gets that crowded. Can't find a blessed thing!

It did seem to me like the surplus arms availability in general was way down from usual shows.

Top Bottom