• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Was taking a road trip today and passed thru a town called Austin. Happened to see a True Value Hardware Store that had a sign outside stating guns for sale. Found several guns on the rack but nothing interesting or special. I asked about .22 ammo - they had three bricks of Winchester and only asking $85 ! The guy behind the counter admitted he had purchased it a few days ago for $72 and had marked it up. Stated if he couldn't make $12 on a brick it wasn't worth selling.

I passed and secretly hoped he gets stuck with it and has to drop the price to $25 to get rid of it !

Noway Jose

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Wait, wait, wait. Did you pay $85 for one or three bricks? Those are two completely different things. And it's a sad thing to say both are possible in today's crazy times.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You should have kept going east. You would have went by 256 Sport & Garden. Dale's got good prices and a nice selection.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'd pay $85 for three bricks. That's not much more than pre-panic.

Not much more...:laugh:

I was buying 550 round boxes of Winchester HV for 18.63 @ Meijer, 85.00 for three is 28.33, that a 50% cost increase.

Sorry I wasn't very clear. That was the price per brick. Oh, and that was without sales tax. Another 7% !

And no, I didn't buy any.

Whoa, had to go back and edit this post, 85.00 per brick is rape prices.

After walking out and away from that, did you call the police and report an attempted rape?

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Get your heads out of your ...

... and quote a NUMBER of rounds, not some vernacularly vague -- at best -- nomenclature. Or relate it as $ØØ.ØØ per round.
    Not much more...:laugh: I was buying 550 round boxes of Winchester HV for 18.63 @ Meijer, 85.00 for three is 28.33, that a 50% cost increase. Whoa, had to go back and edit this post, 85.00 per brick is rape prices. After walking out and away from that, did you call the police and report an attempted rape?

djkbmwguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Whoa, had to go back and edit this post, 85.00 per brick is rape prices.

After walking out and away from that, did you call the police and report an attempted rape?
    I think he puked on himself to keep from being raped by the hardware guy.

Top Bottom