• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    I drive a tow truck for a company in Indianapolis and I got a call yesterday to haul off an abandoned car. It was parked in behind a trailer and full of junk. The owner didn't want any of the stuff in it, so we were cleaning it out at the lot. One of the things I found besides trash was an ammo can full of various assorted loose ammo. I was delighted to see a lot of shiny Cor-Bon .45HPs, so I gathered them up. While I was checking the headstamp, I realized they were all +P. I've heard of this stuff before, but I don't know anything about it. Will this feed and fire in my Taurus Millenium Pro .45, or is it only for specific pistols? I checked the length and they're all the same size, but I don't want to fire them before I consult you guys first.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    You should give it to me for disposal in my nighthawk

how many rounds is there of the +p?

dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    Lol. There's 33 of them. Also there was a lot of AK ammo, .38 special, a few 54r, some 22lr, and a couple 9mm and 357. Also there was a dummy .50 cal on a keyring. It was in one of those old military ammo cans. I have no experience with these, and I would like to avoid blowing up my gun. Haha

Hey that reminds me. When's the next hunting trip? :ar15:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    probably some time in the fall, unless I go south to kill some pigs this summer.

I carry the +p stuff in my gun, and practice with it from time to time. I dont see it being a problem in your gun as long as its in good shape.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    The +P stuff is just loaded to a higher pressure, about 9-10% IIRC. I carry Federal HST +P in my EDC. A steady diet of +P will wear your gun a little faster, but a few rounds occasionally shouldn't make a difference, as long as your pistol is rated for it.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    With being loose in an ammo can are you sure that these are not reloads?

I don't know about you but the only reloads I shoot are ones I've done myself. No sense letting someone else's carelessness blow up my gun.

If it's factory I say go for it! I have a Taurus PT-145 that I've put various +p through.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Hey! That's where my ammo can went!!!

If it IS factory ammo you should be ok. But to be safe you had better give it to me for proper disposal. :)

Top Bottom