• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    I heard the dog barking like crazy went outside to find my siberian husky had this guy stuck up in one of our trees. this was i like 1 o'clock in the afternoon.

5lqbeb.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I had a young one walk across the road in front of my car this afternoon and saw one mid morning a week ago. They must be feeling froggy with spring bursting forth.

chris46131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Franklin
    I heard the dog barking like crazy went outside to find my siberian husky had this guy stuck up in one of our trees. this was i like 1 o'clock in the afternoon.

We had one in our big maple last summer right in the middle of the day. He was curled up in a ball probably close to 30 feet up swaying in the breeze. I think he was asleep at first but then he spotted us checking him out. We live right in town. Never have seen him again.

Last edited:

KDW77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    I like raccoons when they aren't getting in my trash or dog food. Cool picture.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Took the kids to the Field museum in Chicago last weekend. While looking at the dead animals, was surprised to find that the Raccoon was related to dogs and the Hyena is from the cat family.

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    I have seen quite a few of them here lately. I would guess their population is booming since no one really hunts them much anymore.

Shhhhhhh :)

Population stays pretty good in Indiana. Plenty of food options and habitat. I do believe the drought last summer took a toll on the Kittens, as I hardly treed any young coon this fall and winter.

Unless fur prices sky rocket or the population increases enough that disease becomes a problem, there will always be plenty around.

Top Bottom