• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Regardless, it seems clear that whoever bought it at the pawn shop did not know the value and whoever priced it didn't either. If this was a case of the pawn shop "taking advantage" of a seller why would the pawn shop sell it below market?

This is a case of ignorance, nothing more.

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    That is a Randall Model 16 Special Fighter with a waxed sheath. To give you some idea of its value, it would sell brand new for $495. The knife is $430 and an extra $65 for the stainless blade option.

If you were looking to sell it, I would think a fair price would be in the $430 area, give or take. The market is a little soft right now. A few years ago, you could probably get $500 for it.

I would not send it back to Randall at all. It's in fine shape. It's not a very special piece, i.e., not a ton of options. Use it or just put it a way in the safe for later when you want to trade it for a gun or something else. DO NOT STORE IT IN THE SHEATH.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I hate you. I HATE you. I HATE YOU!!!!!!

Why the hell is it every time I hear stories about AWESOME pawn shop scores I get excited. Start hitting them again and a year later the only thing I have seen is a bunch of JUNK bikes, old electric snow blowers, stolen jewelry, and old DVD's of crappy Asian cartoons? :wallbash:

Well, this.

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    We have a non-profit resale shop by us and I am always picking up values on things they have no idea of the true worth. Scored a book last fall for 50 cents that was worth $400. My daughter really likes the author so I gave it to her for a cheap Christmas present instead of selling it on Ebay.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    We have a non-profit resale shop by us and I am always picking up values on things they have no idea of the true worth. Scored a book last fall for 50 cents that was worth $400. My daughter really likes the author so I gave it to her for a cheap Christmas present instead of selling it on Ebay.

Maybe the non profit piece is not intentional then?

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    That is a great find.I frequent a couple of Goodwill's and resales in my area.What I do find sometimes is high quality odd German,some Japanese and American kitchen knife for less than a buck a knife.I buy them,throw them in a bucket,and rework them when I have time.My favorite is a Trident(Solingen) fillet which is my go to on fish,and a couple no name vintage Jap Chrome/ Vanadium carbon which are just the best at holding a edge.Check the stores in the low crime areas where they sell kitchen junk.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Willphill12
    Top Bottom