• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    There are many non-racist uses for a ****ing slipknot. So I guess the wokescolds have now decided that we can no longer fashion them for any useful, non-racist purpose because it may offend some people. The Geniuses at NASCAR, even after the FBI said it wasn’t a hate crime, said it was still a noose. :rolleyes:

See. This is why metropolitan people should just shut the **** up about things practical because they don’t have a ****ing clue. The NASCAR idiots look extremely foolish. Around the property I often use rope to pull stuff, secure stuff, wrap stuff, whatever, and I use a variety of knots appropriate for the use. It’s a tool. Okay. Sometimes the right knot for the job is some type of ***damn slipknot. Stop calling it a noose. ****tards.

These urban wokescolds have no idea what it takes to live outside of their urban enclaves, where everything is provided for them. However, this does not, for even one second, stop them from telling others how they should live.

Such as their ideas about energy, just to pick one. They believe if we just build and install enough solar panels and windmills, we can entirely dispense with fossil fuels and nuclear. They are truly clueless.

Now they want to tell us how to think, too. They really have no idea of what they are doing, but are certainly assured of their correctness.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Meh... I'll accept it as a sign of racism on face value in modern times unless we're going to start hanging people for treason again (which... I'm up for). There's no other real practical purpose for constructing an actual noose in 2020. However, every single one of these things that has happened that I can remember (so... 10 years or so?) has been a fake.

Every. Single. One.

It doesn't matter if it's the most overtly racist thing you can imagine, and no one can argue against, when it's all 100% BS anyhow. I have no doubt that racism exists in the world but it doesn't seem to manifest itself the way it appears some people want it too.
    An actual hangman’s noose is a specific type of knot with distinctive features. A Kreh Loop is a non-slip knot used in fishing and for other purposes where you don’t want the loop to slip. It can look a bit like a hangman’s noose. But WTF? Maybe before going bat**** crazy they could maybe ask people who might have tied a knot or two, what else might that knot be used for other THAN HANGING PEOPLE! But anyway, if the knot in question was anything like the loops in the photos of the other bays, it didn’t look like either.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I used to use this knot quite a bit when I fished the Gulf Stream down in Florida. Some of my buddies from the Bahamas used it too.

If fish could complain, they'd ask that it be outlawed.

Bimini-Twist.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In fairness to Bubba Wallace, whatever he said in the past, I think his interview on ESPN kinda sets the record straight a bit more. In it, he said that he understands that the rope was just a tool. Not a hate device. I think that he still wanted to know why anyone would fashion a noose as a tool. And buddy, maybe someone should send you a knot book so you might discover all the many different types and uses for knots featuring loops. There’s only one intended for hanging people. And I doubt this knot was one of those.

Anyway, in the ESPN interview he said he’s most frustrated with the people who are claiming he faked this. That he intentionally misrepresented this as a noose. He said he’s never actually seen this rope, just photos. NASCAR officials notified him about it, nit the other way around.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Who does own them, especially if they are on public property? Who pays for their upkeep?

All statues brought down or defaced by a mob are a problem. They do not own them, do not represent the popular and/or owners will and operate strictly by force. Passivity in the face of aggression only emboldens it, which is why they are now pulling down:
    • Founding fathers
    • Misc presidents
    • Abolitionists
    • People who had an active hand in stopping slavery via the Civil War (Grant, Lincoln)
    • Former slaves (Cervantes)
    • Black military members
    • Jesus
    • and others

What do all of these people have in common? They are all notable and/or important to American history. Who won't be pulled down? Lenin and other communists.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Many statues are funded by private individuals or organizations. Think "Go Fund Me" before GFM's were popular. They are donated to the government/city/municipality. Sometimes with special provisions/sometimes not.

I dont care if it's Alfred E Neuman or Lady Godiva. Someone paid for it. Some artist worked hard to create it and some people object for the sake of ****ing objecting.

You don't have a right to pull it down. That's a felony. You can legally get it taken down through normal legal processes.

I hate ****ing anarchists.

I'm disappointed that the cops aren't in there arresting these *******s and breaking heads.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    You may have solved the whole race relations issue!

Make it a part of the Reparations bill that Black Americans get 15% off at every purchase to be subtracted from their portion of reparations and this discount is additive on any Senior, Veterans, First responder discount. This way corporate America can pay up on their promises to minorities. Then White Americans would see that the minority discounts would be worth befriending a Black Americans and also use the minority discount for a small cash fee and leave their own family members alone!

Seems that we've gone that way.

Won't be long till you can get 10% discounts by showing your victim card.

frankiechi312

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2020
    Rockford
    Lots of craziness going on. Hopefully everything settles down real soon. Never thought I'd say I wish things were how they were a month ago. Things went south pretty quick.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You may have solved the whole race relations issue!

Make it a part of the Reparations bill that Black Americans get 15% off at every purchase to be subtracted from their portion of reparations and this discount is additive on any Senior, Veterans, First responder discount. This way corporate America can pay up on their promises to minorities. Then White Americans would see that the minority discounts would be worth befriending a Black Americans and also use the minority discount for a small cash fee and leave their own family members alone!

Why get a 15% discount when a 100% looting or shoplifiting discount is available?

Silly man.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Anyway, in the ESPN interview he said he’s most frustrated with the people who are claiming he faked this. That he intentionally misrepresented this as a noose. He said he’s never actually seen this rope, just photos. NASCAR officials notified him about it, nit the other way around.

Ummm... He's talking about things he didn't actually see as if they were facts and using his public platform to garner support for those "facts" (expressly by playing on people's emotions). That is intentional misrepresentation IMO.

He could fix this all pretty easily. "I was wrong and I'm sorry" would pretty much cover it. But nooooooo. So, F that guy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In fairness to Bubba Wallace, whatever he said in the past, I think his interview on ESPN kinda sets the record straight a bit more. In it, he said that he understands that the rope was just a tool. Not a hate device. I think that he still wanted to know why anyone would fashion a noose as a tool. And buddy, maybe someone should send you a knot book so you might discover all the many different types and uses for knots featuring loops. There’s only one intended for hanging people. And I doubt this knot was one of those.

I call Bull****. Plain and simple. Or he is just a useful idiot for Napcar as they search for relivincy and a new fan base

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Ummm... He's talking about things he didn't actually see as if they were facts and using his public platform to garner support for those "facts" (expressly by playing on people's emotions). That is intentional misrepresentation IMO.

He could fix this all pretty easily. "I was wrong and I'm sorry" would pretty much cover it. But nooooooo. So, F that guy.

I call Bull****. Plain and simple. Or he is just a useful idiot for Napcar as they search for relivincy and a new fan base

Double bazinga.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom