• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You know. Just stop and ask the criminal how they are feeling. Is there something that's upsetting them that is causing them to act out? Is there anything you can do to help? Stuff like that.
    They will answer in truthfulness. "I'm lazy want to get money easy. So why don't you just hand over your wallet and keys to your house. While you are at it your debit card pin, and don't call your credit card company for at least a month to report it stolen. Thanks XYZ Criminal"

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Any bets on regardless of verdict or sentence Chauvin being Epstiened before he gets out of custody?
    Epsteined? Not a chance... nada to do with the Clintons. :)

Not sure on the verdict... I haven't looked at this in months. Last time I did, there were reports that Floyd had many times fatal levels of fetanyl in his bloodstream, that Floyd checked all but the running around nekid boxes on being in dangerous overdose and that Chauvin's knee on the neck pose was picture perfect with the Minneapolis training manual for subduing a manic overdose while waiting for the EMTs. And, that there was no loss of breathing evident in his autopsy (i.e. didn't die from knee on neck).

The verdict SHOULD be determined by how accurate those suppositions are... if all accurate, not guilty AND the firing of the others overturned (he has other problems) is a possibility.

IF ALL OF THAT IS ACCURATE, the other LEO indicating that they should adopt the recovery pose, twice I think, may introduce negligence resulting in death.

Long story short, my money is on hung jury - no verdict.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Epsteined? Not a chance... nada to do with the Clintons. :)

Not sure on the verdict... I haven't looked at this in months. Last time I did, there were reports that Floyd had many times fatal levels of fetanyl in his bloodstream, that Floyd checked all but the running around nekid boxes on being in dangerous overdose and that Chauvin's knee on the neck pose was picture perfect with the Minneapolis training manual for subduing a manic overdose while waiting for the EMTs. And, that there was no loss of breathing evident in his autopsy (i.e. didn't die from knee on neck).

The verdict SHOULD be determined by how accurate those suppositions are... if all accurate, not guilty AND the firing of the others overturned (he has other problems) is a possibility.

IF ALL OF THAT IS ACCURATE, the other LEO indicating that they should adopt the recovery pose, twice I think, may introduce negligence resulting in death.

Long story short, my money is on hung jury - no verdict.
    That’s an interesting training manual if it teaches kneeling on the neck. We were though explicitly NOT to do that...knee on the back, knee on the head GTG.... knee on the neck, body weight on a portion of the spinal column? Yeah, no bueno. Whomever wrote that manual needs to be fired.

But Nevermind that, and let’s assume it’s accurate. I think Chauvin’s biggest legal exposure, is after Floyd goes limp, he continues to hold the position. One would think that he would’ve at least checked on him to make sure he was still breathing.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    That’s an interesting training manual if it teaches kneeling on the neck. We were though explicitly NOT to do that...knee on the back, knee on the head GTG.... knee on the neck, body weight on a portion of the spinal column? Yeah, no bueno. Whomever wrote that manual needs to be fired.
    Or charged... again, it's been months, and there was a PDF of supposedly the MPD training manual... and the picture was a literal facsimile of Chauvin on Floyd.

Blew my mind when I saw it... zero idea of it's veracity, but if it was the real training manual, introduces the argument of he did exactly as he was trained, he's a cop, not a doctor...

Would be nice if we had real news journalists who presented facts, all the facts... I have zero trust in them also, unfortunately.

ETA: Just to add, when I saw the Floyd video, I was like "he's going to prison long time... no justification for that, ever".

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Ok, here's a local news article on it:

And here is the picture from the purported MPD training manual:

Officers-trained-in-restraints.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sometimes in the course of doing just that, deadly force is necessary. They're not there to "protect" the life of someone that is trying to kill them or someone else. Do you carry a gun for self defense? Do you have one in the home for self defense? If so, by this logic, I would have to ask you "why"?
    Sometimes the logic used on these things is beyond fuzzy.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Why would anyone in their right mind want to be on this jury? Not guilty verdict? The jurors names will get leaked and your house will be burned down before you get home.
    After being on a couple juries I would wonder why would anyone in their right mind want to be on any jury.
    It is a civic duty so you do it, but wanting to?... no thanks.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ok, here's a local news article on it:

And here is the picture from the purported MPD training manual:

Officers-trained-in-restraints.jpg
    There a difference. I won't quibble over the position of the knee as it doesn't really appear to me to be fully on he neck. The noteworthy difference I see, is the body weight distribution. The guy in the above has most of his weight on his haunches. Find and look at the Chauvin pic, he has his all his weight at the apex of his knee. One may say we're splitting hairs, but that is certainly something that will be brought up.
    Now, I don't think Chauvin intended to kill Floyd. IMO, he was just intent of "tuning up" a problem guy... and most of us who have been in the business know what I mean. Chauvin just got unlucky because the mope he got was doper. I think 2nd or 3rd will probably stick.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    There a difference. I won't quibble over the position of the knee as it doesn't really appear to me to be fully on he neck. The noteworthy difference I see, is the body weight distribution. The guy in the above has most of his weight on his haunches. Find and look at the Chauvin pic, he has his all his weight at the apex of his knee. One may say we're splitting hairs, but that is certainly something that will be brought up.
    Now, I don't think Chauvin intended to kill Floyd. IMO, he was just intent of "tuning up" a problem guy... and most of us who have been in the business know what I mean. Chauvin just got unlucky because the mope he got was doper. I think 2nd or 3rd will probably stick.
    I see what you're saying, but I can tell you, when I saw that training picture, it literally shook my world. I went from "no way in hell" anyone should do that to WTF!!!! It's in their ****ing training manual!

IIRC, there were some reports that Chauvin might have known Floyd and maybe did a little "training plus" just for a bit of extra pain, but as you said, not to kill. That seems to be by definition, manslaughter at max.

But that's only if the "not quite right per training" knee on the neck, beyond a reasonable doubt, killed Floyd.

I think that between the full video of Floyd from first contact - he displayed almost all of the symptoms calling for "maximal restraint" until EMT arrived - to the normally fatal level of fentanyl in his blood. There is a fairly strong defense argument that aligns with the training material, he exhibited all of the signs of likely dying from overdose without medical intervention.

Throw in the original autopsy... I dunno, pretty slim when it looked like slam dunk.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    A lot of people are assuming conviction of something based on what they "know" from the lying media. The media has poisoned the well here again. A lot of people were assuming the worst of the Covington kids too because of the same lying media. One can only hope they base the trial on facts instead of media crap.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    A lot of people are assuming conviction of something based on what they "know" from the lying media. The media has poisoned the well here again. A lot of people were assuming the worst of the Covington kids too because of the same lying media. One can only hope they base the trial on facts instead of media crap.
    Hands up! Don't shoot!

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    My prediction:

He will be found not guilty of second degree murder. He will PROBABLY be found guilty of third degree murder if the charge is successfully added. There will be a LOT of heavy rioting in Minneapolis and that rioting will spread through other cities just like last year. The rioting will be worse than before.
    Any bets on regardless of verdict or sentence Chauvin being Epstiened before he gets out of custody?
    Adding to my prediction:

If he is found not guilty on all counts or found guilty of a distinctly lesser charge (reckless endangerment, third degree/manslaughter, etc.) than outright homicide, I would have no doubt that he will be attempted to be taken by force and lynched.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Adding to my prediction:

If he is found not guilty on all counts or found guilty of a distinctly lesser charge (reckless endangerment, third degree/manslaughter, etc.) than outright homicide, I would have no doubt that he will be attempted to be taken by force and lynched.
    If that happens it will get real very fast.
    The double standards we have had shoved up our tailpipes have become to great a burden to bear for many. Pull some :poop: like this and the rotating oscillator will fill with flying Feces very rapidly.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    There are forces at work trying to destabilize the US (and pretty much every other “western” country for that matter) and the BLM/antifa riots were not organic. The reason 2020 felt like such a shitshow was because none of the little crises were left to go to waste, one building upon another for that destabilization. Now, with the “right” people in office, those plans can move along faster.

You thought 2020 was bad? Last year was just the dousing of gasoline; they haven’t yet lit the match.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Maybe not all the "reckless shooting" you hear about on TV was actually reckless shooting. Not saying it doesn't happen, but many of the high profile cases we hear about turned out to be a legitimate use of deadly force. In this case, it's not sounding like there was any criminal act that happened. And unfortunately cities will burn because some people, fueled by inaccurate accounts of what actually happened, will riot. But really, I think they're gonna riot either way.
    Many of the 700 buildings that were damaged in Minneapolis are still in ruins. Many are in little mogadishu. In many cases the building owners were not the business owners that occupied those buildings. The building owners were already seeing the value of their property plummeting. If you were a building owner and your building got destroyed and you may or may not have collected some insurance money, would you be eager to invest in rebuilding in that area? Many have found other areas away from downtown to invest in that are not so prone to being damaged by riots or turned into slums.
    If things change then they will be more inclined to rebuild but if nothing changes - nothing changes.

alanbarx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Madison
    Please, enlighten us with your wealth of knowledge based on first-hand experience.
    I do not know anything, neither do I have wealth of knowledge, I am pretty much a learner and a lover of wisdom.

IMO, the police force should develop a new technology that can be used to take down people resisting arrest, something like an electric gun, rubber bullets, anything that will take down an identified criminal/offender. Using live rounds and guns is robbing of lives and proper justice to be served to the many people that have fell victim to this misfortune.

We are now in more advanced times, I believe with proper and better investment in police education and new technologies, this mishap can be reduced drastically and there will be less news about police shooting or killing a suspect/ identified offender/criminal. I believe everybody deserves justice.

This misfortune could befall anybody, let us not be deceived by - it cannot be me, it can be anybody. The faster the government (State & Federal) work on these possibilities the better.

Thank you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom