• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I hate to bring this thread back to life, but I've got to provide a little criticism for Four Seasons.

I stopped in on Monday with around $1200 cash in my wallet. I had full intentions of going home with a rifle. It was around 11:30am and the shop opens at 11am. There was the (owner?) behind the counter and a guy talking to him I believed to be a customer. No acknowledgement as I walked in with my wife. I wasn't taken aback by this as I've grown far to use to this at gun shops. I've been really wanting to buy a Garand or an M1A, so that was my main focus. I browsed around at everything out on the floor, and still hadn't been acknowledged. Finally, I get over by the worker and the customer and the customer (of all people) finally said something to me, "Get your money out and get ready to buy something." I said, "You never know, that might be what I'm here to do." I notice they have about 4 or 5 Garands behind the counter and 2 M1A's next to them. I ask the worker if I could check out the Garands. "Which one", he asked. I said, "I don't know, they all look the same from here." He hands me the first one, nothing special, and about $1400. I checked it out and handed it back and asked if he had a cheaper one. He hands me one that was $1099 (H&R receiver with some Winchester parts). He then walks away and the "customer" says to me, "we're big WWII collectors here" and asked me which Garand I was holding. I wasn't too impressed with the rifle, and after about 5 minutes of checking it out, I was ready to put it back. Well the worker was on the phone and kept walking past me, and finally he said, "just sit it down." Now, I hadn't said anything at this point. He had no idea whether I had a question, was ready to buy, etc. By this time, the "customer" was behind the counter doing something by the register. Turns out he was an employee there as well. This kind of bugged me, seeing how it turned out that I was the only actual customer in the shop, and was ignored for almost 15 minutes straight. I continued to browse a little, and was checking out the 03's they had on the wall. I never heard another peep out of the two employees, other than conversation amongst the two of them.

I don't know what the deal was. I can't understand the mindset someone has have to be like that towards a customer.

This wasn't my first time in this store. I've bought two guns here in the past. I've never had a problem before, they greeted me and asked how they could help.

I wasn't mad when I left, because like I said, this isn't first time I've been treated like this in a gun store. I'm still not mad, but I am writing this in hopes that it will get back to the owner or employees. I want them to know that I came in with intentions to buy a gun, and walked out empty handed.

I'll go back to this store. I like the selection and prices are generally ok. It just felt like they really didn't want to sell anything, which to me is crazy.

I've had the same CS experience there about a year ago. I had a 226 shipped to them to be transferred. Well, it arrived @ 1125 since I had the tracking number provided to me. I waited for a good 3 hours. No call or any communication from them. Finally after 4 hours I headed down there. I asked if they received any guns today(knowing they did) and 2 of them just kind of shrugged their shoulders. I quickly spied my gun sitting on the floor in a box and proceeded to ask about it. One of them said, "Oh, there is no contact info in it". I told them it looked like what I had shipped to them and that it also had been delivered. An old grumpy guy behind the counter then proceeded to tell me that you can't trust the tracking information because they are always wrong. I just chuckled at that remark. Well, low and behold it was my gun. After a quick glance at box, my contact info was right there on a piece of paper clearly legible with my address and number. I brought that to their attention, but once again was greeted by a shrug of the shoulders. I collected my pistol after the check and paid them my $20. I haven't been back since.

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    I've had the same CS experience there about a year ago. I had a 226 shipped to them to be transferred. Well, it arrived @ 1125 since I had the tracking number provided to me. I waited for a good 3 hours. No call or any communication from them. Finally after 4 hours I headed down there. I asked if they received any guns today(knowing they did) and 2 of them just kind of shrugged their shoulders. I quickly spied my gun sitting on the floor in a box and proceeded to ask about it. One of them said, "Oh, there is no contact info in it". I told them it looked like what I had shipped to them and that it also had been delivered. An old grumpy guy behind the counter then proceeded to tell me that you can't trust the tracking information because they are always wrong. I just chuckled at that remark. Well, low and behold it was my gun. After a quick glance at box, my contact info was right there on a piece of paper clearly legible with my address and number. I brought that to their attention, but once again was greeted by a shrug of the shoulders. I collected my pistol after the check and paid them my $20. I haven't been back since.

It's odd how they act. It's almost like the shop is their own personal gallery of their collection, and they really aren't interested in selling any of it. They will sell something, but you have to initiate the deal. I get this feeling at a lot of shops, and I always leave questioning what their motive is to even have a store in the first place. I'm not a salesman by any means, but I can guarantee that if my livelihood depended on selling something, I'd be very motivated to sell whatever it may be.

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    So why go back if the service is so sub par? There are many shops that actually want to sell you a gun and have good prices.

Well, for one, it's better than the other shops in Bloomington (price and service).

Two, it's like 5 minutes from me.

Three, they have the best selection of milsurps within 50 miles or more.

In fact, I stopped in today and was greeted and helped as soon as I walked through the door. Totally different experience and more like the times I've been there in the past.

I've been to most stores from Indy to Bedford. I can think of maybe 5 shops that I've had a better experience at. So, options are limited.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Well, for one, it's better than the other shops in Bloomington (price and service).

Two, it's like 5 minutes from me.

Three, they have the best selection of milsurps within 50 miles or more.

In fact, I stopped in today and was greeted and helped as soon as I walked through the door. Totally different experience and more like the times I've been there in the past.

I've been to most stores from Indy to Bedford. I can think of maybe 5 shops that I've had a better experience at. So, options are limited.

I've always had a positive experience with Ed(owner) and his son Tyler. What shops do you like in the area? I don't frequent the Bloomington shops anymore(i.e. Four Season's, Bloomington Home & Personal safety). The only one I know in Bedford is Cosner's and that place is an overpriced joke.

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    I've always had a positive experience with Ed(owner) and his son Tyler. What shops do you like in the area? I don't frequent the Bloomington shops anymore(i.e. Four Season's, Bloomington Home & Personal safety). The only one I know in Bedford is Cosner's and that place is an overpriced joke.

Yeah Cosner's is ridiculous, though the safe room in the back with all of the collectible and hard to find guns is cool.. To be honest with you, I'm liking the Nashville scene. You've got Men's Toyshop and Buckshot, which are both good stores with good prices. But, the place that is going to be my go to is Apache Tactical. They'll be getting their FFL in a couple weeks or so and that is going to be one of the best FFL's in southern Indiana, IMO. Awesome customer service from my experience. Their store is awesome right now with all they offer, but once they start selling guns...

But, as I've stated, I'm not giving up on Four Seasons. And as far as BHPSS, no plans to go back in there again.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Yeah Cosner's is ridiculous, though the safe room in the back with all of the collectible and hard to find guns is cool.. To be honest with you, I'm liking the Nashville scene. You've got Men's Toyshop and Buckshot, which are both good stores with good prices. But, the place that is going to be my go to is Apache Tactical. They'll be getting their FFL in a couple weeks or so and that is going to be one of the best FFL's in southern Indiana, IMO. Awesome customer service from my experience. Their store is awesome right now with all they offer, but once they start selling guns...

But, as I've stated, I'm not giving up on Four Seasons. And as far as BHPSS, no plans to go back in there again.

I was just in the new location for Apache Tactical on Monday. I was happy to see they were still in business(old location was gone) and had moved. My wife bought a gift certificate for Xmas and I wasn't able to get there until now since having our first child. Good to see they are getting guns. Herndon's in Bloomfield is a really nice shop if you ever venture SW of Bloomington. I recently acquired an nice used Glock 23 from there.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I've been in Four Seasons twice, the 1st time was a good experience and very helpful.
    The 2nd time, ignored for the most part, maybe they're not too concerned with local sales since most of their inventory in listed on Gunbroker.

Top Bottom