• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Great video. To all those here who call Fox News "Faux News" (you know who you are) I challenge you to find another major media outlet that is doing more to defeat liberalism, and protect the 2A.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Great video. To all those here who call Fox News "Faux News" (you know who you are) I challenge you to find another major media outlet that is doing more to defeat liberalism, and protect the 2A.

Um, lately they have been posting nothing but shooting stories and playing on the whole "assault rifle" "military style rifle with high capacity magazine" thing. I used to think they were alright, but they are just as biased.

Here's a for instance, I capitalized the parts that show they're no better. If they weren't on some agenda, they wouldn't add this stuff because ours not actually relevant and wouldn't be mentioned prior to the Sandy Hook shooting.

"The teen suspected of gunning down his parents and three siblings in their New Mexico home told police he reloaded his ASSAULT RIFLE and was planning to go to a "populated area to murder more people," police said.

Nehemiah Griego, 15, who local residents described as a LONER WHO ALWAYS WORE MILITARY FATIGUESs, told police he had been plagued by "suicidal and homicidal thoughts," according to a sworn affidavit provided to prosecutors by the arresting officer and obtained by FoxNews.com.

"Nehemiah said after killing five of his family members, he reloaded the weapons so that he could drive to a populated area to murder more people," the report states. "Nehemiah stated he wanted to shoot people at random and eventually be killed while exchanging gunfire with law enforcement."

Griego has been charged with two counts of murder and three counts of child abuse resulting in death. Prosecutors have yet to decide whether to charge him as an adult.

Police say he killed his parents, Greg and Sara Griego, and three of their children with an ASSAULT RIFLE. The report says Griego, who waived having an attorney present, described how he first killed his mother, then the siblings, ages 2, 5 and 9, before lying in wait for his father in the wee hours.

At some point, he said he took a picture of his dead mother and emailed it to his girlfriend, who either called 911 or told a family member who did. When police arrived, they found an AR-15 ASSAULT RIFLE and a .22 caliber rifle with a scope (if they're going to bastardize the AR, WHY NOT STATE THE MODEL OF .22?) in a vehicle at the home. The youth told police the guns came from his parents' closet.

Police still could not say what sparked the violent rampage. Local residents said the teen was almost always seen by himself and WORE MILITARY STYLE CLOTHING

Griego appears in an online dating site called Find New Friends | Befriend & Meet People Nearby | Singles | Dating - meetOne wearing MILITARY CLOTHINGs with the comment: "I'm a fun-loving guy who [likes] to make [people] happy; I might be shy but I'll open up once you get to know me." The site does not correctly list his .

"All of the victims appeared to have been shot MULTIPLE TIMES," Aaron Williamson, spokesman for the Bernalillo County Sheriff's Department, told FoxNews.com.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

It is a good presentation and while I do agree with most of what she said I do find one logical flaw with her presentation.

At about 4:30 seconds she begins to explain how the 5.56 is smallest hole in the target, and thus the "least of your worries."

That particular round was designed to cause tumble and cause issues with massive tissue damage. Also, the 5.56 has a much higher rate of fire and lower recoil, so more rounds can hit the same target from a semiauto 5.56 than the other rounds.

Not to be picky and perhaps it is best to simplify (aka dumb down) the presentation for the masses, but I would not want to be hit with any of the rounds shown, each for a slightly different reason.

Smallest doesn't always mean least damaging.

Regards,

Doug

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I'd take my chances with a tumbling .223 any day over getting shot by a .30-06, or a 12g slug!

Tumbling is not at all guaranteed, especially if you are thin, but a big ### bullet simply doesn't need to tumble to kill instantly.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I'd take my chances with a tumbling .223 any day over getting shot by a .30-06, or a 12g slug!

Tumbling is not at all guaranteed, especially if you are thin, but a big ### bullet simply doesn't need to tumble to kill instantly.

My thoughts exactly. Not that I want to take a hit from any bullet, but I'd avoid a .30+ or slug for sure!
    Yup.....
    There are a lot of dead German, Japanese, and Korean/Chinese soldiers who would attest to the lethality of the 30-06......
    I believe the "Kills Per Hit" ratio for the 30-06 is a lot higher than the 5.56 mm.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    The advantage of the .223 is not its lethality. The reason the military uses it is because modern engagements are fought using MANEUVER WARFARE, which requires suppression fire, and then flanking the enemy (or breaking contact). Since the military has to be quick on its feet, they cannot carry heavy bullets, and since they must use automatic suppression fire, they must have a lot of bullets. That is why they use .223.

How does that affect civilian semi-auto use? Well, it does mean we can fit 30 rounds (or more) into a single magazine and not be too bulky or heavy to manage firing upright, whereas most hunting rifles would be impracticle to walk around with that many bullets attached to the gun. That is really the only thing bad they can say about the AR-15 in my opinion.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    I can attest to the lethality of 5.56. I might be over sharing as it is, so I won't go into actual details do to this being a public forum, but the first time I ever fired my rifle in combat resulted in a "upper central nervous system" hit through auto glass. The damage was surprising and "impressive" compared to what I thought it was going to do due to it's size. On the other hand, I've seen what .30 caliber variants (.308 and 7.62x39) do and it's absolutely devastating. My granddad has told me about his time spent in Korea with his M1. I don't know how those guys sleep. Or hear for that matter. 30-06 is a monster round for combat and hunting.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012

They are opportunists. Immediately following Sandy Hook most of Faux News was on the BAN-wagon. That is until they figured out that they need some platform to run with. They have alienated almost every demographic except religious gun owners....they would be fools to risk them too. They would have no one else left to lie to?

Trust me.... If there wasn't so many people passionate about the 2a... They would be happy to talk about Benghazi or birth certificates.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I'm a fan of Jessie and watch her and her husband's show, "Friends of NRA" weekly. I thought, for the most part, that the video was educational. Yes, I've heard of people calling the forend grip a "pistol grip", etc. Hell, O'Reilly kept calling black rifles, "AK 15's"!!!

To point out the .223 round and call that "the least of your worries" is very poor phrasing...to put it nicely, and a point antis can jump on...and they probably will. I got the point, but I don't think this is the video that I'm going to post on my social network page to try and educate my anti-minded friends and acquaintences on so called assault weapons.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

You mean like refusing to post the Indiana 2A rally footage (Fox59), giving it a scant 2 minutes air time, whole playing the ND at the gun show like a fiddle at a barn dance. Yeah, they are very supportive. :rolleyes:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Hannity did a follow up on this tonight. He said the original video set the blogosphere on fire. First thing the Liberals said was thanks for letting us know we need to ban more guns. The liberals as still lost. Its not about guns, its about control. No amount of common sense videos are going to fix stupid.

Guns are scary. :eek: :nailbite:

Nice video, hadn't seen previously!

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    They are opportunists. Immediately following Sandy Hook most of Faux News was on the BAN-wagon. That is until they figured out that they need some platform to run with. They have alienated almost every demographic except religious gun owners....they would be fools to risk them too. They would have no one else left to lie to?

Trust me.... If there wasn't so many people passionate about the 2a... They would be happy to talk about Benghazi or birth certificates.[/QUOTEWell you can look at it any way you like. I personally feel that Fox is the LEAST Liberal station on the air. They tell more truth than all the others combined. Do they make mistakes or broadcast thing I would rather they don't - sure. But the NRA has also done and said things, compromised that I didn't care for. BUT the NRA, 99.9% of the time does what it needs to do to fight for our rights - as does Fox in my estimation. Me thinks you are a little Liberal - possible Obama supporter.

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    Very good video! Thanks for posting it!

Not to detract from the video, but did she call the vertical grip a pistol grip? Is that what they're actually talking about in the "ban" or are they talking about what I would call the pistol grip?

Also, good shooting, but where did that first 9mm go? haha

The burning question is...WTF happened to her first round through the Browning Hi Power?!?

As mentioned...it hit the sign above the 2 shot group.

Nice presentation!! and not just the shooting...;):): I want one of those!

Yes, saying the .223 is the least of your worries IS poor use of language. But for the purpose of the demonstration...showing the holes of the 12gauge...it IS "the least of your" worries in close quarters shooting. whereas the .223 (and 06) gains a distinct advantage at long(er) ranges.

This being typed, i dont want to get shot by my sons .177 crossman air rifle, much less a 9mm or .223!!

t-trader

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Very good video! Thanks for posting it!

Not to detract from the video, but did she call the vertical grip a pistol grip? Is that what they're actually talking about in the "ban" or are they talking about what I would call the pistol grip?

Also, good shooting, but where did that first 9mm go? haha

I picked up on that too. Liberals will jump on that in a minute.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Pretty sure I've never heard anybody else call the forward vertical grip a pistol grip before. Is that really what some people call it?

I heard people call it pistol grip before, but I think it was more a slip than a misunderstanding.

Maybe it was nerves. She clearly pointed to the forward grip, referred to it as a pistol grip, and talked about proposed bans. But I've not heard much talk about banning firearms that have them. But pistol grips are a part of nearly every description of what they want banned. :dunno:

llamant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Why only 3 shots with the AR, and why the 1 1/2 to 2 sec interval between shots? Why not bumpfire with a full magazine? Everything she showed could be done if a magazine ban takes effect. If you are going to 'educate' why not show the capabilities, all of them. Show the modular nature of the rifle. Show sooting out to full range distances. Show ballistic gel shots. This video could be interpreted as making it look like there is something to hide.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I can attest to the lethality of 5.56. I might be over sharing as it is, so I won't go into actual details do to this being a public forum, but the first time I ever fired my rifle in combat resulted in a "upper central nervous system" hit through auto glass. The damage was surprising and "impressive" compared to what I thought it was going to do due to it's size. On the other hand, I've seen what .30 caliber variants (.308 and 7.62x39) do and it's absolutely devastating. My granddad has told me about his time spent in Korea with his M1. I don't know how those guys sleep. Or hear for that matter. 30-06 is a monster round for combat and hunting.

I will even go out on a limb, and say that I would rather be shot with M193/M855 than with a musket from the Revolutionary war era. Am I wrong to think this? Is a .50 caliber musket or a shotgun slug something that should be categorized as unusually dangerous, and banned???

BRILEY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Beech Grove
    WOW, she's hot and a hell of a shot! Good video, however it's a bit disappointing that she had to rush through the segment, if Faux News, sorry I mean, if Fox News :D is so worried about the possibility of the gun bans, why not dedicate an entire show to it? I can't think of too many issue (if any) that are more important to Conservatives at this point...?

Sorry, I'm not much of a fan of any major news outlets, besides, it's not like Rupert Murdoch is this super Conservative guy, hell he donated to the Obummer campaign both times! Just my :twocents:.

Top Bottom