Fox News Conservative side about to disolve?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I still see the attacks on Fox by liberal pukes wanting to silence any truth and misdeeds they've done.
    Fox didn't let the libs get by with too much.
    With Libs controlling the majority of the main stream media they can plant their lies and half truths without retribution of the real truth coming out.
    This is an obvious strategic move by the left. Eliminate the Enemy by even the smallest means possible. This is a propaganda attack already.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    WOW! Power Hungry Hotties.... Heck, I'm betting the majority of us have been had by some "lower level floozie" at one time or another. How come I keep thinking "EX" when I read these two lines you wrote bw???
    Throw in some lawyers, attitude, and money swappin', and it's as good as over.

Yep, been there done that.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Conservative or liberal I find very little merit in what these cable news channels do, I wish folks would just stop watching all together and let these networks die.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    We did that...most of the shows we want to see are already on DVD and the commercials running now are for either ambulance chasers, scamming Dr's, or morally depraved prescription medications. No thanks, don't even want it in the house.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Conservative or liberal I find very little merit in what these cable news channels do, I wish folks would just stop watching all together and let these networks die.

We are on the same page here.
    These people are pushing an agenda. Their agenda. Right or wrong no matter.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    It's not about quality of content or at least thread wise.
    I was wondering if anyone else thought it might be a direct attack on a news outlet that was beating on liberals/democrats instead of a news outlet that was beating on conservatives/republicans.
    It seemed a good way to stifle actions being taken.
    Democrats setting it up for Hillary to run the table?
    Emails leaked across the world?
    Lots of stuff that wouldn't have been reported on in detail.
    Just trying to see the chessboard and the next moves.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If the libs and Fake News channels can run their only competition in the ground, they don't have to worry about their content being questioned. They can go back to doing whatever they choose to push their narrative. It's worked for them in the past and obviously still is.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    We are on the same page here.
    These people are pushing an agenda. Their agenda. Right or wrong no matter.

Haven't news outlets always been that way, even back to papers published when the UsofA was young? I think the only difference is that the tolerance of the readers/viewers waxes and wanes.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Haven't news outlets always been that way, even back to papers published when the UsofA was young? I think the only difference is that the tolerance of the readers/viewers waxes and wanes.

But the other factors make it even worse than before. It's driven more by money, TV News anyway. At the time of the three networks the news networks used to be losing propositions for their networks. Less reporter more talking heads. More spin less hard reporting. 24/7 vs an half hour long reporting. More and more spin than ever before. Niche reporting because of cablle. Targeted at a specific audience

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Lisa Boothe sitting in Bolling's seat today. I like Bolling, but I like her better...

CdwZWBeUsAAZYQu.jpg:large

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Fox is Republican not conservative.

That's a fact.

If Bolling was dumb enough to send unsolicited dick pics, via phone so they could be saved for a "rainy day," then he probably needs to be fired for being an idiot. His statement doesn't inspire much confidence, as it says the Bolling "does not recall," rather than "did not" send such pics. Why should Fox stick their neck out for the guy until after the investigation is completed? If the pics are a lie, they can make a big whoop out of it. If the pics are real, and they were steadfast in their support (given recent issues the outlet has had) it could be disastrous.

It's a problem if he's actually saying he did not recall doing it. I mean, how much less troublesome is it that he can't remember if he sent photos of his dick to his coworkers or not? You either know that's in your character to do or not. But that statement was actually from his lawyer on Bolling's behalf, so it's hard to know if that's calculated lawyer-speak or if Bolling is really saying he can't remember sexting someone. Maybe the INGOttornies could opine on that. It's interesting and perhaps a little telling that HuffPo wasn't named in the suit. I think just the reporter was. So maybe the law suit is just trying to intimidate the reporter into retracting the story.

I do find some things troublesome with this story as it's reported. First, this happened years ago. Things buried in the past like that don't just bubble up now for no reason. Someone is digging for dirt. And if the dirt is there, fair enough. But there seems reasonable to suspect there is a partisan motive behind that.

But about the story itself, the reporter doesn't directly say that he or HuffPo actually saw the dick photos that were sent. He used vague language that sort of implies it. If they had the photos the language would have been direct. Accusatory. And he doesn't say they've traced the number to Bolling. He said one of the recipients thought she recognized the number as Bolling's. Also, all the sourcing is anonymous. I don't have a problem with anonymous sources, per se, as long as the reporting otherwise appears to be solid, and the reporter/news organization has a solid reputation. Neither are the case here. The reporting has holes, and HuffPo is a partisan news organization that has published fabricated **** out of thin air before.

Bottom line, they either have the photos or not. They either have the number the photos were texted from or they don't. The number is either Eric Bolling's or it isn't. If they have all of that, then Bolling has some explaining to do. If they don't have all that, likely the accusation alone may be enough to take him down. I hope the law suit goes to trial and is publicized because the truth will come out in that. But likely that won't happen. Maybe it'll get settled. Maybe the reporter will be forced to retract. And we'll never know the truth. But then Bolling might be fried either way.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I used to watch just about all of them so I could try to sort out what seems most like the truth. But with social media that's becoming unnecessary. Let them die. Let them all die. Some more painfully than others. Wall Street Journal needs to die an agonizing, embarrassing death. CNN too.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yessss. Twitter and Facebook do not foster the growth of fake news or safe space bubbles, and their corporate overlords would never dream of attempting to shade public opinion or push a corporate agenda. Problem solved

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yessss. Twitter and Facebook do not foster the growth of fake news or safe space bubbles, and their corporate overlords would never dream of attempting to shade public opinion or push a corporate agenda. Problem solved

See a story? See someone claiming something extraordinary? Research it. Find out what's real. BTW, I don't do facebook.

Top Bottom