• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We're watching it on Hulu now as I missed recording the premiere. Anyone else following along? I think it's going to degenerate into drama, but we'll see.

It's a joke they are "trying to make a utopia" since they grabbed random people with minimal in common. No one tries to make Utopias with those of different ways of life. It's a setup for failure and recipe for drama.

anyway, we'll see how it goes.

tocaman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    MT->MI->IN->SC
    I have it on the DVR, just need to find the time to watch it - I'm still 3 episodes behind in The Strain and 2 in Ray Donovan, so there are priorities. Hope it's more like the The Colony and less Survivor-y.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The announcer guy looks like a total dweeb. No idea who he is, but I don't think they captured the "all-knowing master" concept they were going after.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I tried watching a few minutes of the premier. They had some guy on trial for "lewd behavior" and were debating whether they should kick him out.

From the small part I saw it sounded like he got drunk and groped some of the women.

If that's the type of crap they pull on the first night, I have no desire to keep watching. There was very little survival talk or outdoorsy stuff, just a bunch of morons talking about their feelings.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Another drama packed version of survivor. Nothing to see here folks....move along.

Except they are not here to eliminate anyone. One player a month gets swapped out by a vote (I think) but there is no prize money, no salary, nothing to "win". You just exist in the show. People are hoping for a celebrity career from it I think, but many are acting like such idiots I don't see it happening.

the NY lawyer dude who wants to go into government summed up .gov nicely with something like "I am best suited for government, not working"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Except they are not here to eliminate anyone. One player a month gets swapped out by a vote (I think) but there is no prize money, no salary, nothing to "win". You just exist in the show. People are hoping for a celebrity career from it I think, but many are acting like such idiots I don't see it happening.

the NY lawyer dude who wants to go into government summed up .gov nicely with something like "I am best suited for government, not working"

That is what I saw in the show. If it were actually about what the title states it would be a good watch.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

That sounds like a great sound byte.

wabashman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    I have it on the DVR, just need to find the time to watch it - I'm still 3 episodes behind in The Strain and 2 in Ray Donovan, so there are priorities. Hope it's more like the The Colony and less Survivor-y.

The Colony, now that was a good show. To bad it only last 2 seasons.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It's a joke they are "trying to make a utopia" since they grabbed random people with minimal in common.

No, they didn't. They intentionally chose people on the opposite ends of the spectrum in order to ensure there's drama. There's nothing random about who got selected. That's evident from both the previews and just how reality shows work.

I won't be watching.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I saw part of it, looks like drama and train wrecks galore! They started off arguing, then most of them decided to get wasted. I thought one of the rules was no religion, but they sure mentioned and argued about it.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The word "random" means random to each other, not self-selected people who chose to exist together.

CindyE, no "organized religion" meaning nothing is offered but they are free to do as they choose. It'll get interesting when they can use the phone. I'd love to see how they are going to run wire and hook up to the power transformer.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I've been watching it - mainly because the first half of the Colts game was a blowout and Utopia on Fox was one station down from NBC. I watched again last night. The entire show is a trainwreck.

At first I thought they were truly going to live off the land (with chickens, cows, crops, etc....), but last night, they picked up a cordless phone and ordered groceries which were delivered to their front gate. What?!?! Then, there are two guys (Red and the unemployed guy) who started their own separate Utopia group inside the combine, and they were upset the other group was spending the money on brown rice (which is 20x more expensive than white rice?) and they broke into the safe and stole money and ordered their own groceries - chips, cookies, hamburgers, ketchup, mustard, etc...

Then you have the couple who just met 6 hours ago trying to hump each other's brains out....on NATIONAL television.

It's a trainwreck for sure, which is why I can't stop watching.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Hey, spoiler alert?! I watched the first show, haven't gotten to the next parts. Regarding the traumatic brain injury from humping, that happened to me once on St Thomas. It was awesome.

ratings are not good. I wonder if they'll mix it up soon.

'Utopia' ratings plummet | Inside TV | EW.com

My bad on the spoiler, but there's so much more that happened. I only scraped the surface of the wreckage. LOL

There's also a website devoted to the show where you can watch up to 5 minutes of select webcams. Anything beyond that requires a subscription (paid obviously). Insanity.

This would have been better, for me at least, if they would have brought 20 preppers together and had them truly live off the land and focus on defense of their property from other people.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Hey, spoiler alert?! I watched the first show, haven't gotten to the next parts. Regarding the traumatic brain injury from humping, that happened to me once on St Thomas. It was awesome.

ratings are not good. I wonder if they'll mix it up soon.

'Utopia' ratings plummet | Inside TV | EW.com

St. Thomas. Great memories. My wife and I were married in St. Thomas and also stayed another 2 weeks for our honeymoon in St. Thomas and St. John.

Top Bottom