• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I waited two weeks before signing up there are still 15 spots left.

It's free people. What are you waiting for?

I have heard some very creative excuses...perhaps if we chartered a flight to Richmond, rented a Humvee to transport to the range and had Gordon Ramsey cater it, we’d get a better response.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I just now saw this thread. I really wanted to come with my son, but no go. My son's Bible Quiz team is going to the international invitational that entire weekend....Fri, Sat, Sun.

Just out of curiosity, do you guys do this more than once a year? And a mighty large THANK YOU to Alan for being such a good example of a pro 2nd amendment and armed citizen.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Just out of curiosity, do you guys do this more than once a year? And a mighty large THANK YOU to Alan for being such a good example of a pro 2nd amendment and armed citizen.
    Revere’s Riders offers numerous events during the year from basic rifle and pistol and on up. The courses offered continue to grow to meet the demand.
    Alan has in the past been a great supporter of RR events and put his money where his mouth is to encourage people to attend.
    Last year we had several give away prizes. Very nice ones I might add. Worth well in excess of the price of admission.
    Since the event didn’t sell out he asked himself what more could he do, or what could he do differently?
    This year he has removed the barrier to entry by making it FREE. You can even arrange to borrow a rifle should you need to do so.
    There really is no viable excuse not to go for a majority of the people who are/have been on the fence.
    I get your prior commitment wordier is a valid one. My post is leveled at the folks who toss out some lame excuse.
    It really doesn’t get any better than this folks.
    At full price it is a bargain, as are all the RR events.
    For FREE it’s a no brainer. Great folks, great instruction, fantastic hosts.....it will be a memorable time for all who attend.
    If you can’t make thus event there are other opportunities available for 2019.
    Check out the 2019 offerings and the Revere’s Riders website.
    Hope to see you on the line.
    Nigel
    PS Thanks Alan you are the man

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I just now saw this thread. I really wanted to come with my son, but no go. My son's Bible Quiz team is going to the international invitational that entire weekend....Fri, Sat, Sun.

This is my first stab at a free event. There will not be another free shoot in 2019 unless someone else bellies up to the bar. 2020 is still in planning stages.

Dsgnr_81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Pendleton Indiana
    Awesome job getting this organized guys! Kudos to you Alan for stepping up and giving folks a chance to get some instruction on both their weapons and our history.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    HELP! I bought a Gold membership but I cannot claim the last ticket on this event without paying?
    I think it is purposely set up that way. This way you have skin in the game and have to show up ‘both’ days to get reimbursed. Unfortunately too many people would sign up otherwise and just not show up. Just PM GOPHER and he’ll get you squared away.

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    HELP! I bought a Gold membership but I cannot claim the last ticket on this event without paying?

Michael, the A&A Optics event is being handled in a special manner: you pay the $80 ticket price up front and then Alan Alcorn of A&A Optics will write you a check at the event itself to reimburse your ticket purchase making the event free. In the past, we have found that events which are free up-front result in a large portion of ticket "purchasers" not showing up to the actual event. With this arrangement, you only get reimbursed for your ticket purchase if you show up to the event. I hope that explanation makes sense.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    Folks, don't let a SOLD OUT event stop you from attending. You're more than welcome to come "hang out" at any and all RR events FOR FREE. You can observe all the instruction, listen to all the history, and then you're also first on the standby list in case there's a no show.

Due to insurance reasons (hey, we're a non-profit and can only buy the policy for "small" events) we have a max number of shooters but we have no max on how many people can be there. Bring all your stuff and stand by or swing by throughout the day to get a feel for what we do. I suggest lunch time because the scouts are cooking burgers and dogs. HUZZAH!

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    That was a beautiful moment, sir. You have very good reason to be proud. (Now next time, provide tissues beforehand!)

I am very glad I dragged myself back out there today to be there. Thank you very much for hosting and sponsoring.

Top Bottom