• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Last bud light I have had was 4ish years ago.

A customer who hated trump to no end gave me a beer to have for when I got home.

Free beer is good beer...
    I don't like beer.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Because of the boycott against Anheuser Bush they are practically giving away Bud Light at the distributor level! :hehe:

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Because of the boycott against Anhauser Bush they are practically giving away Bud Light at the distributor level! :hehe:
    Actually it is worse than that. “This is because A-B InBev is covering any loss of sales.”

“Harkening to what the bartender said about pulling off a half keg, I asked if they have had to eat a lot of product since April; one aspect on the sales side is that reps usually are accountable for any stock that goes past its born on date. I suspected this could be harsh, or even devastating for sales reps on a volume scale. “Nah, not for me,” the rep told me. “The brewery has been taking back any out-of-code stock.” Then they told me an even more surprising move.“

“When I asked, cautiously, how they are surviving this massive downturn, they calmly said it really has not affected them. This is because A-B InBev is covering any loss of sales. “What the company is doing,” went the explanation, “is taking my figures from this time last year and making up any of the difference.” I pondered this for a moment. There are hundreds of privately owned A-B distributors across the country, and a large amount of those employees are commissioned. This expenditure of covering the losses of the sales has to be monumental, and it compounds the loss of sales company-wide. Bud Light alone has been seeing 20-30% weekly drops of late, and the customer flight is affecting the other brands as well.“

But think about it, “ my contact detailed. “They basically have to do this, or else they’ll see much of the sales force walking away. That would cause even bigger losses, then you have the expense to hire new staff and train them, and any managers who leave as well would be an even bigger issue.”

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Of all the light beers, Bud light does have the best taste, when I bought/buy light beer, it was my go to beer. I love Coors, but Coors light isn't as good, but Coors tastes better than regular Bud, but not as good as Amber Bock, (A-Busch) which is my favorite go to beer...had one a few weeks ago at a restaurant... I'll probably buy some trans fluid (Bud Light) some day....just not today

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Of all the light beers, Bud light does have the best taste, when I bought/buy light beer, it was my go to beer. I love Coors, but Coors light isn't as good, but Coors tastes better than regular Bud, but not as good as Amber Bock, (A-Busch) which is my favorite go to beer...had one a few weeks ago at a restaurant... I'll probably buy some trans fluid (Bud Light) some day....just not today
    You might like Shiner Bock if you like Amber Bock. I had a couple on tap at The Roadhouse the other day and it was so fine!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    If it was purchased before the fiasco started, no harm in drinking it (other than the fact that it's like drinking water, but whatever). If you purchased since the fiasco, I guess there are plenty of people who don't understand boycotts or maybe are just okay with guys pretending to be women pushed down everyone's throats as OK... :dunno:

I do know I won't ever buy their :poop: beer and I pray every day they go out of business as an example to other brands out there thinking of pushing the same messaging.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Imagine being such a snowflake that you don't want to drink what you want to drink.

Also - are we supposed to be "for" or "against" cancel culture?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I like Amber Bock too. Ultra Amber is pretty good. It's the only light beer I will drink.

Top Bottom