• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Yuengling 99 is good if you are looking to save some calories and their Flight is also good for a hot day
    Tried that the other day and for a light beer it was good
    As far as boycotting goes.. look at what happened across the business industry more people have voiced there opinion about what’s right and wrong
    It’s not enough but made a difference and shows how fed up people are.
    Imagine if the media has more behind the movement?? I say boycott the beer , target and whatever else the woke ******** demo’s agenda that’s ruining our country
    It’s awful anyway you spin it but somehow something has to keep happening to push thru the media filter and show that there’s a lot of pissed off people not liking what direction our country is headed…

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    If it was purchased before the fiasco started, no harm in drinking it (other than the fact that it's like drinking water, but whatever). If you purchased since the fiasco, I guess there are plenty of people who don't understand boycotts or maybe are just okay with guys pretending to be women pushed down everyone's throats as OK... :dunno:

I do know I won't ever buy their :poop: beer and I pray every day they go out of business as an example to other brands out there thinking of pushing the same messaging.
    It was purchased last year, since the fiasco. An elderly friend died and his daughter just gave it to me.

Assuming it tastes ok, I'll drink it.

I honestly don't care if someone wants to pretend their gender is other than what they were born with. Chances are, they truly feel that way, especially if they go so far as to start modifying their bits. It's gotta suck, feeling like you're in the wrong body.

I'm certainly not sure surgery and hormone therapy are the correct ways to handle it.

If I see a definitive study showing differences between male and female brains and it can further be shown that those differences exist in transsexuals opposite their biological sex, I might reconsider.

I do not, for one second, believe in more than three genders. What people are confusing for multiple genders is simply an aversion to sticking to pre-defined gender roles and expectations, to which I answer: You do you, be yourself, but don't think you're some unique gender because of it.

But the moral quandary is more basic: It's a pilsner beer, and it's light. It barely qualifies as beer.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I didnt have a hard time giving it up. Only drank it a few times, and it was always because it was free.
    Yuengling is more my taste. Or MGD.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What has the left successfully boycotted? I am talking about an actual grass roots boycott, not a media induced change.
    The questions give the answer, the left IS top down through media mouthpieces. The left has not had to burn companies to the ground, threats get them what they want as evidenced by where we are today.

I came across an interesting explanation of what is happening here and was going to post it in the why thread but will cross post it here too.

“One reason boycotts fail is that major institutions generally avoid taking stances that are guaranteed to make a lot of people very mad. Yet, Twitter Brain convinced a lot of corporate bosses that controversial progressive views were actually quite mainstream. This might explain why Bud Light tried to partner with a trans influencer even though its customer demographic is roughly the opposite of Mulvaney’s “wacky Audrey Hepburn” persona — and triggered a strong enough emotional response to sustain at least three months of boycott.”

The media, social media, and probably their college indoctrinated kids have skewed the worldview of those in the C-suite bubble into believing that that the bud light trans deal was purely mainstream.

Then in the perfect storm, the negative comments of the marketing people about their customers come to light after the out of touch partnership with not just a trans, a guy that claims to be a little girl, a product that is highly competitive and options are readily available, a public getting fed up with how far this is going after years of trying to get along.

Also, do not discount the effect of Musk owning Twitter, most of the tweets posted on this topic wouldn’t have ever been out there under the old regime.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I honestly don't care if someone wants to pretend their gender is other than what they were born with. Chances are, they truly feel that way, especially if they go so far as to start modifying their bits. It's gotta suck, feeling like you're in the wrong body.
    And that is missing a big piece of what is going on here. The influencer pretends to be a little girl, not a woman, the followers on social media are largely underage girls. Then we have the marketing people’s description of their customer:

'We had this hangover, I mean Bud Light had been kind of a brand of fratty, kind of out of touch humor, and it was really important that we had another approach,'

Do not insult your most loyal customers.

This is not because they hired a trans…

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    Free beer is always a yes. Even if you don't drink, given the circumstances it was given to the OP, I would smile and say thank you. If you don't want it you can always find someone else that will take it!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Cancel culture is far different than a boycott of a company. To me anyway, cancel culture is more mob shaming someone while attacking that person's livelihood.

Exactly.
    They are welcome to sell their product. I, for one, can choose to not buy it.
    That is a FAR CRY difference from me saying they should not be able to advertise and sell their product however they choose.
    Cancel culture is an attempt to DENY their ability to advertise or sell their product.
    The two "sides" go about this in entirely different ways.
    If someone can't see this obvious difference they need to take a step back and try again.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Personally I believe in the "you do you, and let me be me" approach, but the other side can't stop there.
    They have to keep pushing and now with the LGBTQ agenda being jammed down our throats and the make up of actors and such in all commercial advertising it makes me sick.
    If the Bud Light Boycott convinces any other companies not to go woke it is a win in my eyes.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Free beer is always a yes. Even if you don't drink, given the circumstances it was given to the OP, I would smile and say thank you. If you don't want it you can always find someone else that will take it!
    Not always. I can’t stand Budweiser. Even so drunk I can barely stand I cant stomach it. (luckily those blind drunk parties are far behind me now)

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    I never could choke bud lite down even if it was cold and free. Even my neighbor relented and stopped stocking it due to complaints, he saw the light (pun intended)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom