• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Pleasant Lake, Steuben County
    The county was out grating the roadsides yesterday and hauling all the dirt away in these big tri-axle dump trucks. My daughter, being a compassionate soul, decided to call me at work to rub it in. So I told her to go out and tell the driver of the empty one sitting in my driveway, that once he gets loaded, if he wanted to save a trip to just back it up to my backstop and dump it. So she did, and he did. Now my backstop is SUPER SIZED and all it cost was the asking. :rockwoot:.... and a little extra yard work, the grater under his truck didn't quite clear a small hill.
    Dirt.jpg

ok, I added a pic of my new dirt, most of it isn't visible, but once I get it rearranged the backstop should be around 20Wx7Hx10D.

Last edited:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    have received free dirt as well, just did not get to use it as a back stop :( It just keeps water contained and my neighbors yards and mine from flooding. 10 tri-axle loads for free.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    tmkr just received a truckload of blue clay the exact same way. The county is putting in a new bridge about 100 feet from his driveway and dug several truckloads of clay out. Should make a nice upgrade to the backstop when we get the time to work on it.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Cemeteries always have free dirt as long as you have a truck to haul it away. If you talk nice to the sexton he might even load it for you. ;)

Top Bottom