• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    Guy did an excellent job with the short time he had. There were obviously many things not covered since you can't cover a 4 hour class in an hour and 30 minutes. With that said his full on class on January 18th at Indy Arms from 0900 to 1300 is definitley a must for me. It is $50 bucks but the knowledge what is justified and what is not in a self defense situation is worth a whole lot more than a "fitty" in my opinion.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Great information from Guy, he's always informative. Also very appreciative of Honey Creek making the facility available for the meeting. Maybe I'm sensitive but the USCCA pitch seemed a bit of a hard sell and I've already received a call from them today asking my opinion of the seminar AND why I didn't sign up last night as well as encouraging me to sign up "today". No matter how good something looks I always take a few days to digest adding a monthly negative cash flow item to my ledger and the call today gave me a negative vibe.
    Update.. 15 minutes after I posted this I received an email encouraging me to join USCCA.. Maybe I"m just unlucky but a call and email in less than 24 hours and I'm feeling spammed, they lost me.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO…[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men don't train or shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” Coach[/FONT]

Last edited:

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Great information from Guy, he's always informative. Also very appreciative of Honey Creek making the facility available for the meeting. Maybe I'm sensitive but the USCCA pitch seemed a bit of a hard sell and I've already received a call from them today asking my opinion of the seminar AND why I didn't sign up last night as well as encouraging me to sign up "today". No matter how good something looks I always take a few days to digest adding a monthly negative cash flow item to my ledger and the call today gave me a negative vibe.
    Update.. 15 minutes after I posted this I received an email encouraging me to join USCCA.. Maybe I"m just unlucky but a call and email in less than 24 hours and I'm feeling spammed, they lost me.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO…[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men don't train or shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” Coach[/FONT]

selling fear

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ah, I wouldn't get all worked up about the sales pitches. Honestly, we knew what we were signing up for. They made it clear.
    Yes, I got a call that went to voicemail and an email also.

I thought the info Mr Relford put out was solid and informative.

We can read about laws and such right here on INGO, along with other sites that lay things out in black and white. What we don't so readily come across is real world gun lawyer things heard out of this gents mouth. Some really great tidbits...

- While Indiana doesn't have a brandishing law, there are a LOT of prosecutions in Indiana for pointing guns at others.
    - "I'm too old to fight, so I'll just shoot them," does NOT hold up in court as is repeated often.
    - In the aftermath of an attack, good people can let anger overcome doing what is right to keep them legally the good guy.

I haven't been to Guy's full length paid class, but it's on my list now.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    KellyinAvon and I are meeting at the Arbuckle free public parking garage at Green and Arbuckle Commons in Brownsburg at 4:30 which leaves 45 minutes to spare getting to Honey Creek Tackle. It is adjacent to the 9/11 memorial there.

We are taking I-74 to I-465 to SR 37. My van holds 6 comfortably. Anyone riding with us is welcome to meet in Brownsburg or we can pick up/drop off along the way as long as its on our way.

Be advised we are going to dinner afterward so we might not get back to Brownsburg until around 10:30-11:00 PM. This should be a great time.

Wait, WHAT!?! Arbucle Acres now has a parking garage? I grew up in the burg.

Granted the last time I was through there they still had all the ball diamonds and St Malachy and the old church next to it were still there. Looking at google street view... Holy hell!

Looks like its time for a tour to see what's changed.

Top Bottom