• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Can male family members observe and load mags or do you want ladies only only?;)

I would prefer to have women only with no male observers. I'd like the ladies to focus on instruction from us, comradery with the other ladies present and feel free to express themselves. Even though your wife may feel comfortable with you in attendance other ladies may not feel the same way. Now if your wife is so nervous that she won't come without you, then we need to talk about it. You can email me directly at Rayne@ReveresRiders.org if you or anyone else has concerns they don't want to post here.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Can male family members observe and load mags or do you want ladies only only?;)

I can understand your temptation to attend. LOL, IndyJohn has offered to deliver me there, help me unload, help me get my gear ready, help with crowd control...

I've attended some of the ladies training through the years and it's been very informative. It has helped me to develop a level of familiarity and confidence with my EDC and independent of my husbands coaching. If it makes your wife feel more comfortable, I'm bringing two other gals who have very little experience. It will be a good environment for learning and she will have a good time chatting with the other lady shooters.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Actually it's not my wife. :) It's a sister in law and a probable sister in law. One has 20 years in between shooting so she came over and we worked on basic safety and hitting a paper plate at 7 yards while choosing a caliber. She will shooting 9 mm

The probable never shot so we worked on safety and hitting a paper plate with a .22. Which is what she will be bringing.

I am the guy that brought 4 brother in laws and another sister in law to an Apple seed event . I think Rayne was there

glock212327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Just my :twocents: I think the female only environment will help a lot of the shooters be less nervous. I have no doubts that the instructors will put on a great class. My wife and 3 friends are going. The 3 friends have very little experience and only took this class because it was a female only event they expressed that they would feel less intimidated or nervous since it was with other female shooters. I think it is great that this type of class exists to help females became better shooters and help promote responsible gun ownership/safety.

Last edited:

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I am the guy that brought 4 brother in laws and another sister in law to an Apple seed event . I think Rayne was there

I absolutely remember you, we were at Nashville were we not? Same great instructors, new name on the program with more flexibility to offer pistol, one day rifle and unknown distance rifle. We'll take good care of your ladies.

glock212327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I have never been at Marion county fish and game so no idea what there set up is. I have seen pictures and it appears they have bays to shoot in. Why I ask is that the early forecast is calling for rain. Seen pictures as well of where the range was in the great wide open as well. So if it rains are the ladies going to experience shooting in the rain no cover or will they stay dry?

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    The bay's do have a canopy at approximately the 20yd line, but they will more than likely get wet as most of the shooting will be at 15yds. So I recommend bringing some rain gear to keep in the car just in case. A little liquid sunshine never hurts and is a nice problem to have on hot July days.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    As Jake noted, there are permanent metal canopies in each of the pistol bays at MCFG. We will use those for shelter from the sunshine and/or liquid sunshine for instruction and storytelling.

Unfortunately, as Jake also noted these structures are not at our primary firing line for this course.

Fortunately, a message was sent out last week to the participants currently signed up for this event. One item that was suggested they bring is a pop up canopy. If enough canopies show up, we can set them up over the tables which will be our primary firing line. This will keep us out of the bulk of whatever type of sunshine comes our way.

We are very cognizant that this is a BASIC pistol course. We want our students to have a safe and enjoyable experience as possible. While we cannot control the weather, we can take precautions to help us work with whatever weather we encounter. If, or when, these students decide to participate in more advanced pistol training, they can then indulge themselves in the "if it ain't raining, we ain't training" philosophies.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    That makes a lot more sense. I got the info on 'bring a cover if you have it' and had been trying to decide if I wrestle the one we have or not. The hubby usually sets the thing up but we may have to have some in home instruction so I can bring it. I've got two other ladies coming, both with minimal experience so I'd like to make this as easy an opportunity as possible for them.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    There is at least one place that has opened up, if you know of anyone that is interested, or have a friend you would like to bring, head on over to the website and get signed up.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I didn't see round count posted. Trying to fill that last spot. How many rounds are needed?

Edit: nevermind. She has a wedding to attend.

Last edited:

glock212327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hendricks County
    My wife is bringing one. Im sure everyone would help each other set them up so bring what you have so if it does rain everyone will be a tad drier. Or have a area to take a break out of the sun.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Sounds like a good time was had. Also sounds like I should have reminded my wife that the M&P pro was a dead hold and not a 6 oclock hold.
    Thank you all. You all left a great impression! She seems to have had a great day.

Oakie... sounds like you and John need to come do a FNS with us some night. It's very laid back... the only competition is found within yourself (trying to do better than last time), or MAYBE amongst pals to determine who buys the beers afterwards. Seriously! You two need to come out sometime!
    On 2nd thought, I haven't been to one myself in quite some time! Let us know when interested and we'll join you!

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Sounds like a good time was had. Also sounds like I should have reminded my wife that the M&P pro was a dead hold and not a 6 oclock hold.
    Thank you all. You all left a great impression! She seems to have had a great day.

Oakie... sounds like you and John need to come do a FNS with us some night. It's very laid back... the only competition is found within yourself (trying to do better than last time), or MAYBE amongst pals to determine who buys the beers afterwards. Seriously! You two need to come out sometime!
    On 2nd thought, I haven't been to one myself in quite some time! Let us know when interested and we'll join you!

LOL, that was your wife! I had no idea. She said her hubby was on INGO but I neglected to ask for a handle. Very cool lady!! You sir, married well.
    She gave me an education on Friday Night Steel and I have to admit...I am very interested. Sounds like a ball! I'll bug the old man and see if he can make it happen. Very good to have met her. Please tell her thank you for encouraging the gals I brought with me - both were new to firearms and she was a great source of encouragement.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    I cannot thank the team of educators enough for their handling of today's training! It was top notch.

I brought two lady shooters who were absolutely brand new to firearms. Both have talked to me about wanting to purchase a firearm and I am not a trainer. Today was absolutely wonderful for them! There were enough staff available to essentially give them undivided attention. Both received clear instruction and solid coaching. One of these gals in particular had some thing in her past that made today's class challenging and flared her PTSD - her trainer was patient and really all the instructors in bay 2 accommodated her on the line. She was able to stick the whole day out and was beaming when it was done. I'm not certain you guys are able to take time to reflect on the impact these courses make in the lives of your students - but for that woman, it will be remarkably significant.

I cannot thank you enough for helping her through her fears and uncertainties. Today was a job well done by all!

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees

Ok Ok Ok... We'll figure out a date and make it a date..(See what I did there?)

Top Bottom