Free money... free money... free money...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wait!!! Wait!!! You guys actually answer calls that come into your cell? Heck even when the caller is someone on my contact list i dont answer! Ya can leave voicemail ill call back maybe. :)

You're missing out on fascinating conversations and a trip to India. ;)

Here's tale of what happens when one reporter tries to find out what's behind the call trying to scam him:
    https://gimletmedia.com/episode/long-distance/

https://gimletmedia.com/episode/103-long-distance-part-ii/

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Has anybody actually done the claim process? I was told once you get into it they require proof that you actually made a purchase in order to be part of the claim. If that's the case my parents home number is out, they don't buy anything. Heck my dad once had a free vacation to Hawaii (legit), all he had to do was pay airfare to get there, he didn't want it...

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    One of my three numbers is on the list. Let the $$$ roll in.

Oh, by the way, about my office cell phone number that apparently used to belong to Aurora Herrera: AURORA!! PAY YOUR FRICKIN' BILLS!! I'm tired of every bill collector in the universe call me.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Has anybody actually done the claim process? I was told once you get into it they require proof that you actually made a purchase in order to be part of the claim. If that's the case my parents home number is out, they don't buy anything. Heck my dad once had a free vacation to Hawaii (legit), all he had to do was pay airfare to get there, he didn't want it...
    I don't remember seeing where I had to prove I bought something. Heck I don't remember the call. My number was on the list... so that's all I know.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I get the car warranty all the time. Last time they called I answered the phone with "Stop. Don't say it. You're not going to extend the warranty on my 2008 G6 with 170k miles" and hung up on them.

Had one of these companies try to use scare tactics (high mileage) on my fiancée for her Buick. He asked the mileage and premtended that 36k was high mileage and the repairs bills would be outrageous. I don't do well with solicitors that prey on people's fears. It a ht button issue for me. It took 10 attemps over the course of a year to get the phone calls and letters to stop.

i discovered the trick though. He low level guys don't like to bump you to the managers that will take the number off the list, if you can get one to hang up on you and you call back and twll whomever answers that the rep hung up on you, they will send you straight to the manager. Wasn't he classiest moment of my life, but it ended their obnoxiousness.

my favorite thing about that company is that when you called the phone number on the letter and asked to be taken off the lists, they tell you the letter wasn't from then and it's a different company using their name. Uhhh..yeah totally believable.

edit: this was a bit off topic from the original thread but the quoted post reminded me of this incident.

Top Bottom