• ...and so much more!
  • Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Speaks for itself.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq9tEi8FrAw&feature=related]YouTube - Hottie with AK47 Uses Live Ammo On Attacker!!!! Girls Rule!![/ame]

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    With the new relatively new Castle Doctrine, I am not clear if we are okay to gun them down in the yard now or not. I would think as long as we state that we were in fear of our life or safety of our loved ones, we would be okay. But of course IANAL.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Two words: reasonable and necessary.

But no , you're not required to allow them to gain entry before you are justified in using reasonable force.

IC 35-41-3
    Chapter 3. Defenses Relating to Culpability

IC 35-41-3-2
    Use of force to protect person or property

Sec. 2(b) A person:
    (1) is justified in using reasonable force, including deadly force, against another person; and
    (2) does not have a duty to retreat;
    if the person reasonably believes that the force is necessary to prevent or terminate the other person's unlawful entry of or attack on the person's dwelling, curtilage, or occupied motor vehicle.

Scenario: your gf's ex is drunk, ringing the doorbell, banging on the door, screaming, "I'm gonna get you, you b$%^&, you f#%$%$ wh#$@!!!!"

At this point you reasonably believe that there has been no attempt to gain entry, so you are not justified in shooting. She yells back, "Go away. I'm calling the police!!" He leaves and the 911 operator, when he finds out that he left, does not dispatch.

An hour later he comes back wasted, and starts pounding and yelling. Within a minute or so you hear him saying he's got a baseball bat and he's "gonna kick the ever'livin' s#*t out of you" and your gf.

Your gf is already on the phone and this time police are dispatched. Telling him this only enrages him further, and he start throwing his weight against the door and hitting with the bat...

Police are still a 4 minutes away...

What everyone needs to do, as in the thread Shay started is to determine and know in advance what their particular threshold is.

Knowing in advance gives you strength and resolve, and is part of your mindset, but is also related to tactics. There is a good discussion of this topic at corneredcat.com.

Top Bottom