• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    As a child my father did not "spare the rod" when it came to disciplining me or my sister. If we screwed up, he would tell us once and only once not to do that again, if we continued to screw up, misbehave, act out, or back talk, the belt was coming. And I will tell you this, I would NOT change how I was raised. It taught me that there are consequences for my actions. GOD rest my father's soul, there is not a day go by when I don't think about him. If he was here right now I would thank him. IMO that is a lot of the preblems with the youth of today. The first thing they want to scream is "CHILD ABUSE". If I ever told my dad that, lord save my soul because my A$$ belonged to my dad.

I was raised the same way and it taught me there were consequences to my actions... and in some cases consequences to my in-action should I choose to associate with those of "ill-repute". These days it's always someone else's fault or someone else did it so it should be ok.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    It's for the children!!! ~ All you need to say to get just about anything done.

Other things that will give you carte blanche authority.

~ It's for the troops!

~ They're on a fixed income!

~ I paid into the system!

Don't forget "did what we had to do to get home safe" or some other variation.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County

A lof of people give public speaches attempting to rile people up to commit hate crimes, so how come charges aren't pressed against them? Conspiracy laws are to catch people who want to hire a murderer, not to stop someone who is giving bad advice. It seems that "spanking a baby" is just such a "horrific crime" that the judge decided someone must pay. Personally, I think they could've and should've come up with a better prosecution than this weak crap.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    A lof of people give public speaches attempting to rile people up to commit hate crimes, so how come charges aren't pressed against them? Conspiracy laws are to catch people who want to hire a murderer, not to stop someone who is giving bad advice. It seems that "spanking a baby" is just such a "horrific crime" that the judge decided someone must pay. Personally, I think they could've and should've come up with a better prosecution than this weak crap.

Year long investigation initiated after whistle blowers went to the police. Jury voted to convict. Hiring a hitman would be solicitation.

Criminal Solicitation Law & Legal Definition

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The group was found guilty by a jury of their peers in a court of law.

I am disappointed. I wold expect you, of all people, to understand that stacking the jury and then giving them 'instructions' that convince them they are obligated to be rubber stamps is one of the favored amusements in the trial process.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I am disappointed. I wold expect you, of all people, to understand that stacking the jury and then giving them 'instructions' that convince them they are obligated to be rubber stamps is one of the favored amusements in the trial process.

Okay. Cult members come to you, as the Sheriff, and relay information that children are being beaten with broom handles for crying in church. Go. What happens?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Okay. Cult members come to you, as the Sheriff, and relay information that children are being beaten with broom handles for crying in church. Go. What happens?

Identify those doing the swinging and charge appropriately. The remainder will get the idea that listening to this guy isn't good for your health.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I recall a couple years ago discussing a controversial book that advocating similar forms of corporal punishment. I defended the right to write the book even though I think the message is appalling.

It should be the act that gets punished, not the thought.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I recall a couple years ago discussing a controversial book that advocating similar forms of corporal punishment. I defended the right to write the book even though I think the message is appalling.

It should be the act that gets punished, not the thought.

now that makes more sense. that article says he was part of it. not just spewing a message. that goes along with what i said before.

I would point out that the failure to draw a clear line between speech and action serves as an agent of conditioning the sheep to first fail to make the distinction between policing thoughts and actions, and then fail to see a problem with policing thought.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I would point out that the failure to draw a clear line between speech and action serves as an agent of conditioning the sheep to first fail to make the distinction between policing thoughts and actions, and then fail to see a problem with policing thought.

Is there an instance where you would charge someone with conspiracy?

Top Bottom