• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ltrain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I called Smith and Wesson today to order another extended buttplate for my M&P 9c that I bought last week. Mine came with one flat and one extended. I prefer the extended as I have large hands and the extended is just more comfortable to me. It surprised me to find out they aren't charging me for the plate or shipping. Free is my favorite 4 letter word.

Darkstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Jackson County
    "Free" is always a word I don't mind hearing. Problem is I don't hear it very often! But yeah, when someone throws in something for me on top of what I already bought, it's a good day.

SIGguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    WOW! Im starting to think my next purchase is going to be a Smith & Wesson. Every time i look at gun shops or classifieds i keep spotting the M&P .45 and starting to like it more and more everytime i see/hold one. Also i keep hearing nothing but good things about them. How do you like yours? Any complaints?

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    Maybe it is less work for the Customer Service rep if they give it to you rather than collecting payment for a small dollar item :)

Ltrain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    The only complaint I have is I can't feel the trigger reset. I've heard other people talk about a gritty trigger but mine is smooth. I don't know if Smith heard the complaints and did something or if I got lucky, but my trigger is like glass!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The only complaint I have is I can't feel the trigger reset. I've heard other people talk about a gritty trigger but mine is smooth. I don't know if Smith heard the complaints and did something or if I got lucky, but my trigger is like glass!

Non-existent trigger reset, is cheaply corrected by an Apex Tactical RAM kit. I got mine for $17 + change and had Kenny from Bradis install it for another $10.

It is still not a Glock trigger, but it now has a tactile reset.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    WOW! Im starting to think my next purchase is going to be a Smith & Wesson. Every time i look at gun shops or classifieds i keep spotting the M&P .45 and starting to like it more and more everytime i see/hold one. Also i keep hearing nothing but good things about them. How do you like yours? Any complaints?

The more I shoot mine the more I love them. I started with an M&P9 Pro and then picked up an M&P45 in trade...and after that I've been hooked. I picked up an M&P9c for daily carry and then an M&P45 with FDE frame just because! I genuinely like the stock triggers better than most guns I've ever shot and they have all been incredibly accurate and reliable.

My M&P9 Pro I've had for a little over a year is going on over 2,000 rounds and my primary M&P45 is quickly approaching 1,000 with me and it was used when I traded for it. My M&P9c is close to hitting that 500-700 round range and the FDE M&P45 is slowly climbing the ladder, too. Only issues I've ever had were shooter related; the older M&P45 did have feeding issues but it was due to a sharp bur on the underside of the extractor that would bite into the brass preventing it from sliding under and feeding properly. Other than that about 5,000 rounds through the 4 in a years time and I'll more than likely be adding a 5th M&P sometime in the near future.

SIGguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Yeah thats a new one i havent heard that before. Thanks for your input.....hmmm i guess even if I did purchase that one i could just do a trigger job

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    A friend of mine has bought 2 smith revolvers this year and has been disappointed in both
    Because of quality issues..

Top Bottom