• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jenoble99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2014
    S.IN
    My wife recommended that we take the kids to the truck and tractor pull this weekend instead of going out for Valentines day. No complaints with that plan. Does anyone have info on if this event is carry friendly? I carried to the boat and rv show last weekend, but not sure if the sanctioning body for the pulls have any rules in place. I can't find any info on their web page. With the Yum center installing metal detectors I wonder if that will spill over to events at Freedom Hall?

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I have been every year, there is ZERO security at the farm show, no pat downs, no metal detectors.

You might as well walk the farm show once while you are there, it is free to get in and you already have to pay to park so you won't be out anything.

It is easy to scalp tickets before the pull if you don't have any.

Keep in mind the farm show ends a hour before the pull begins a d they will kick you outside and that makes for a cold hour unless you are going to a afternoon pull.

You must have a kickass wife!

jenoble99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2014
    S.IN
    I have been every year, there is ZERO security at the farm show, no pat downs, no metal detectors.

You might as well walk the farm show once while you are there, it is free to get in and you already have to pay to park so you won't be out anything.

It is easy to scalp tickets before the pull if you don't have any.

Keep in mind the farm show ends a hour before the pull begins a d they will kick you outside and that makes for a cold hour unless you are going to a afternoon pull.

You must have a kickass wife!

thanks for the info. I didn't expect there to be much in the way of security, but you never know anymore. We are going to a 1 pm pull, and do plan to walk around the farm show. Was planning on doing that after the pull, but wasn't aware of it shutting down an hour before. Guess we will have to wrap it up by 6:30. My wife isn't in to jewelry and all of that girly stuff that is typical for Valentines day. She even asked for a rifle for her birthday. Hmm, although jewelry may be cheaper in some instances.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    thanks for the info. I didn't expect there to be much in the way of security, but you never know anymore. We are going to a 1 pm pull, and do plan to walk around the farm show. Was planning on doing that after the pull, but wasn't aware of it shutting down an hour before. Guess we will have to wrap it up by 6:30. My wife isn't in to jewelry and all of that girly stuff that is typical for Valentines day. She even asked for a rifle for her birthday. Hmm, although jewelry may be cheaper in some instances.

I believe the show closes at 5 or 6, I would try to be there in the am and plan to do the walking around beforehand.

If you have never been I would try to make the big hall where John Deere and CaseIH is located as the kids will be most impressed with the huge displays vs the small.hallway garbage. Cool to see if you have never been.

Top Bottom