• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    its disgusting how the military just comes out killing protestors.

[ame=http://www.apacheclips.com/media/33070/GRAPHIC_More_From_Syria/]Apache Clips - (*GRAPHIC*) More From Syria[/ame]

[ame=http://www.apacheclips.com/media/33074/Syrian_News_graphic/]Apache Clips - Syrian News (Graphic)[/ame]

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    What was that Thomas Jefferson said once? "The tree of Liberty should be watered from time to time with the blood of tyrants and Patriots"? If you don't have something worth dting for you have nothing to live for. Those that give their lives for their own freedom have my respect, those that give their lives for the sake of others have given the greatest gift they can and have my utmost respect.

Loar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Hmmm, weird how Lybia kills a few protesters and everyone condems it a gets involved but everyone turns a blind eye to this.:dunno: I wonder why?

It's a shame that we're all starting to get saturated with what's happening with the Arab Spring. It seemed to have momentum in the press and as Libya is at a stalemate the other countries going through similar revolutions are dropping off the front pages. Within the first few days of the Egypt uprising, it became apparent the military wasn't going to intervene. These Syrians are going back to the streets day after day when they know some among them are going to get killed. Talk about paying the price for freedom. Courageous.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Hmmm, weird how Lybia kills a few protesters and everyone condems it a gets involved but everyone turns a blind eye to this.:dunno: I wonder why?

I think as much of it has to do with how the rest of the world responds. The UN became heavily involved in Lybia, hence greater media coverage. Syria is still pretty much on its own.

I think several UN countries had a bit more at stake (and to lose) in Lybia hence the intervention.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    WoW! This is truly sad, I guess the real question is how is it stopped? Bosnia was ethnic, this is just a dictator wanting to keep his power.

I hope these folks get their freedoms. I wonder how it would be if the populace was armed also?

Top Bottom