• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Freedom's current pricing isn't reflective of the pricing that built their business. They had frequent sales on popular ammo and free shipping events. You could enter codes for an additional 5% off.
    I paid $.17 or $.18 a round (shipped free) for new 9mm 115 and 124 gr last summer and fall. I know now that those prices were an attempt to increase sales and fight off bankruptcy. They started raising prices in 2018, the beginning of the end.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This topic reminds me that I should have studied accounting, business, finance, and economics rather than engineering.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And they are getting danger close to running out of their own crap? I can buy 950 rds of 124 9mm remans, but not 1000. It will literally allow me to select any quantity but that. :dunno:

:):

EDIT: Or ANY 9mm. When I search for in stock 9mm only 4 product options come up.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I would be interested to see if any of the YouTube channels they support will be impacted. Seemed that many of the ones I followed used their ammunition. I have used there ammo in the past but as many others have said, online sale prices were commonly priced lower.
    Garand Thumb used to have them, but they’ve been gone from his list for a minute, he now has LAX Ammo links in his vids?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Probably hard to get raw materials when you aren't paying your suppliers.

As for price
    SGAmmo Speer Lawman 147gr 1000rds $189.80 + $16 shipping = $205.80 or just under .21 a rd.

Freedom shows their cheapest brass 147gr 9mm as .25 a rd before shipping right now. They list their steel 147gr as just over .21 a rd before shipping.

SGAmmo is my go-to online retailer. Unless someone is having a really good promo, they always seem to be the most reasonable, and they ship fast. I shop around, but nearly always wind up buying from them.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    I buy from there sister company Xtreme I just got some more bullets from them last week. They have always been slow to ship. But I do like some of there reloading bullets.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    This topic reminds me that I should have studied accounting, business, finance, and economics rather than engineering.

Why, when you can learn all about those topics on INGO for free, from people who know far more than the so-called "experts"?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    And they are getting danger close to running out of their own crap? I can buy 950 rds of 124 9mm remans, but not 1000. It will literally allow me to select any quantity but that. :dunno:

:):

EDIT: Or ANY 9mm. When I search for in stock 9mm only 4 product options come up.

At least they are not taking orders (seemingly) for stuff they don't have in order to feed the debt machine.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Hate to hear this about them. Hope that it all works out.

I haven't bought ammo from them in a while because the pricing wasn't there. Never had problems. Heard about problems, but never first hand.

I think I still have around 3k of their 9mm 115gr reman sitting in cans.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I had quit using them recently anyway. Was having a lot of light primer strikes. I assumed it was my gun and changed everything related to making it go bang and still had issues (no problems with other ammo). Here is the kicker, it only happened when it was below about 40 degrees. Really weird. Still thought it was my gun, have since talked to 3 other people at matches who were having the same issues. Switched to American Eagle 147 for match use and have not had one issue since.

Had some LPS with my P320 and assumed it was the gun until I saw others having LPS with P320 and Freedom. Then I got LPS with Geco as well.

It was the gun after all. But the Freedom was so much more needy that it brought it to light.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    The Freedom ammo is the only reman factory stuff I've seen the bullet fall out of when you picked the cartridge out of the box. Granted it was only ONE time but I don't shoot much reman ammo so it's not a deal breaker for me.

EDIT:
    To open all disclaimers I got the ammo with a gun I bought off INGO but the ammo didn't look to have been opened.

Last edited:

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    I got there e mail also and went and picked up 2,000 rounds of 9 mm, 124 grain. My second order in last 3 months. Always good stuff.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I haven't bought any reman ammo since things have loosened up. Why buy reman when you can buy new for the same price?

Freedom sells both new and reman but your point on price is well taken. Freedom's current pricing is above other retailers even with a 5% discount and they aren't offering free shipping.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I use Freedom Munitions for their 147gr 9mm. It's quiet and runs good enough for me. I've tried other 147gr that was much louder through my silencers, especially American Eagle. Won't be buying anymore of it.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Not the best orator, but I hope he can do something to make them successful. I'm not holding my breath. I have purchased a fair amount of their 9mm but lately I find factory rounds for less elsewhere.

Top Bottom