• ...and so much more!
  • 2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    After 2 orders being cancelled for being over 30 days and doing a reorder over the phone for both orders then multiple emails and another phone call, they have finally shipped my order, I am wondering if this happens to other people or is it just a freak thing for me?? my order is to be here this wednesday .. if others have had these issues post here so i will know whether or not to deal with this company again

Fizzerpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2016
    Avon
    I ordered 1,500 rounds of 9mm in early July. They were very upfront about ship times. The shipping time was 2 weeks, as they stated.

Now, in the past two weeks I have ordered twice from them. One order was 500rds of .223, another was 1,000 rds of .223. Both orders shipped next day.

They are a good company, with quality ammunition, but after Orlando, everyone got slammed. They were very upfront with me about realistic shipping times, and are back to next day shipments.

I can't complain, 1,500 rds of 9mm for $238 shipped, 1,500 rds of .223 shipped for $444.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I can't complain, 1,500 rds of 9mm for $238 shipped, 1,500 rds of .223 shipped for $444.

Wow that is a great price for 9mm. Less than 16 cents a round?

I paid slightly less than that for a case recently at Point Blank and that was the sale price. It looks like my next order will be online directly from them.

Fizzerpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2016
    Avon
    Funny story...

I finished an AR build a couple weeks back... Went to the range with some Federal ammunition to break it in. 1 FTF in the 100rd box. 1,000 rds of Freedom, not a single failure.

TWalker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    New Castle
    Has anyone had any accuracy issues?

I was grouping 3-4 inches at around 50yds with a Stag 3g upper. I can shoot rifles alright. I've held 6in groups at 300m with the ar platform before so I don't think it was me. Not sure if it was because they were 55gr and my barrel is a 1 in 8 twist or what. Not happy with the accuracy I was getting with these rounds.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Has anyone else noticed wild fluctuations in their pricing? I ordered some ammo a month or so ago and I paid $.27 per round. I ordered the same ammo a couple weeks ago and paid $.20 per round. I checked availability today on the same ammo and it's $.32! I just find the fluctuation odd. I've seen ammo change within a dollar or so per box, but this is $3-4. Just seems like a lot to me. (No, during none of these times I checked/bought was this ammo on "sale.")

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Has anyone else noticed wild fluctuations in their pricing? I ordered some ammo a month or so ago and I paid $.27 per round. I ordered the same ammo a couple weeks ago and paid $.20 per round. I checked availability today on the same ammo and it's $.32! I just find the fluctuation odd. I've seen ammo change within a dollar or so per box, but this is $3-4. Just seems like a lot to me. (No, during none of these times I checked/bought was this ammo on "sale.")

Its not just them. the entire market seems to flux at the case level pricing by my observations. Seems to be a supply/demand thing.

rausch51

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    The Ville
    A couple orders from them and not a single problem. They get hit pretty hard every time there's a hint of a panic. Processing orders takes awhile, but they're up front about the waits.

I've never noticed any funny business with pricing. I would have guessed fluctuations were related to sale prices, but if you confirmed that's a no, then I have no idea. I think 115 gr. 9mm remans have gone up a whole penny per round since I first ordered from them two years ago.

aspiringsnd

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 24, 2016
    Westfield

Every small manufacturer is fluctuating like crazy -- best I can tell it has a lot to do with component pricing. Not sure if that's a line I've been fed, but it makes some sense.

tomylee0123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Lafayette
    I used to be a Freedom Munitions loyal customer. I have bought over 15K rounds from them over the years at least but not anymore since their quality has gone down a bit. Shipping is slow now, and I had quite a few misfired with their ammo lately.

aspiringsnd

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 24, 2016
    Westfield
    I used to be a Freedom Munitions loyal customer. I have bought over 15K rounds from them over the years at least but not anymore since their quality has gone down a bit. Shipping is slow now, and I had quite a few misfired with their ammo lately.

Where are you buying ammo from now (if you don't mind me asking)?

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I don't have a problem with their shipping being slow, because I always place my orders way ahead of time, before I "need it".

I ordered some 9mm plated bullets on the 14th, with free shipping, got shipping notification on the 22nd. I'm well stocked, won't hurt me if they ship them by Christmas.

I can always go to Gander if I have to have it now, but I have to pay 3x of the price, I guess.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    I made an order on the 3rd of August. Called to check on it today. They had to cancel that order and place a new one because the payment authorization expires after 30 days. While this sucks and is kind of annoying, they made a new order for me, honored the original price (which was $0.12 per rd cheaper), gave me free shipping, AND said they would tell shipping to rush the order since I've already waited over a month. My take on all of this: Shipping is not perfect. They do have great customer service!

genXer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Made a few orders with them in the past, never any issues, little slower shipping than other places. Although I did find one of my pistols did not like there 9mm reloads. Tried 115 and 124 and had issues with both in one pistol, they would not fully chamber in my Springfield 1911. All other pistols they performed fine in.

aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    Just as an update. Placed an order Thursday and it shipped today.

I've shot about 4k of their 9mm ammo so far. Combo between their 115gr, 124gr, and new/reman between them all. Averaging about one limp primer per about 300 rounds. This is on a Springfield XDM with about 6k total down the hole. Might be time for some new springs.

Average price paid has been $.19 or $.20/rd and I've got free shipping every time. Can't really beat it for the price.

I will be looking to get into reloading going forward in 2017.

Top Bottom