• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • heartless

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    Im new to this but its come to my attention that we really dont freedom of speach or expression... expecially online... its all moderated... if i say something that the moderaters dont like they delete it and same goes for all of you! we have no freedom here. we are only alowed to type what the moderaters want and where they want it what is the point of this forum? I believe! that no question is a bad question! And I believe that we all have a right to an opinion and i believe that we are all free americans! And i believe that they will delete this tread. just as every goverment tries to silence the outspoken for fear of admitting they where wrong!

What do you think? am i wrong? am i just a pest? please speak your mind here! atleast till this gets deleted!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Im new to this but its come to my attention that we really dont freedom of speach or expression... expecially online... its all moderated... if i say something that the moderaters dont like they delete it and same goes for all of you! we have no freedom here. we are only alowed to type what the moderaters want and where they want it what is the point of this forum? I believe! that no question is a bad question! And I believe that we all have a right to an opinion and i believe that we are all free americans! And i believe that they will delete this tread. just as every goverment tries to silence the outspoken for fear of admitting they where wrong!

What do you think? am i wrong? am i just a pest? please speak your mind here! atleast till this gets deleted!

Heartless, as I told you in my PM when your post was deleted, it was deleted because it was off-topic. The very first post in the thread specifically asked posters to stay on-topic.

You can say anything you want, but it needs to be in the right thread in the right forum so that readers can find it when they want it. If we don't moderate in this fashion, the board in general quickly becomes impossible to read because it becomes highly disorganized.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    :runaway:
    tinfoil.gif
    :runaway:

This is a privately owned and operated forum, so they can do whatever they want to. Don't like the rules, you are free to leave/not post. I'd have to say that this is, unequivocally, the best, most informative and most fair forum I have ever participated in. The mods/owner are amazing people, and am grateful for everything they do.

heartless

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    my heller comments where about FREEDOM! they very thing that the case was about. and every one should be proud for we on this day have reaffirmed our freedom! and won over oppression. and yes this pretains to this thread as well for FREEDOM is a word that covers many topics. and scutter we can settle this on the range if ya want- you shoot better ill shut up but if im the better shoter you gotta be nice to every one! ...lmao

heartless

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    yes the owners can do what they want with they're property. i am a pest! if they want me to leave i will..... i like this forum and its people. but i was raised not to to my back when i see something thats wrong. i was raised to believe if i don't fight for my rights, they will slowly disappear. do you believe you should be able to carry in what is now restricted areas? if you do then you are no different than me right here! these areas you wanna carry in are either private or state owned with our taxes... they have rights to do as they wish. but is it fair or right? maybe not this pertains to this forum as a comparison of rights and responsibilities.

and to the owners of this site! thanks! i ask only for the ability to speak my mind. and vow to do so with as much respect as possible. I'm glad there is a place like this.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    What people often forget to keep in mind is that a web site is a personally owned place. A good analogy is a house. If someone opened up their home to you with a few conditions, it is in no way infringing on your rights at all. If all political talk must be done in the kitchen and you want to do it in the basement, they are within their rights to tell you to move to the kitchen or leave. They are paying the bills.

Often the first amendment is said to be the reason why people should be able to do things in other persons property. That is never the case.

Having run and currently running boards, I can understand that a well moderated forums gives up a little freedom as to following the rules, but gains much more in usability because of this. The moderators are rarely paid for their work and do their job for the love of the board. They will never please everyone, but they do a damn good job.

heartless

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    same goes for parks, business, schools, stores, etc. and yet there are people fighting to carry a gun in the private places that allow the public just as this is a private "house" that allows the public... in truth this looks like a business to me... it has sponsors and collects donations sells a product... (and yes i wanna buy hat)...lol web hosting isn't very expensive some one is making a Lil money... i wanna carry my gun anywhere i go. including here! but here my opinion is my gun. its very similar in nature and idea. I'm in support for less limitations on both things... with the understanding that there has to be sum law/rule or governing power for the sake of maintaining the greater good and security but there also should be some flexibility in all the matters at hand in both subjects.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    there also should be some flexibility in all the matters at hand in both subjects.

I came right out and asked you to post it in its own thread and not in the Heller thread. I still fail to see what the problem is. In no way have you been censored.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    heartless you need to calm down :chillout:

About a week ago you posted a message in 3 different forums (all exactly the same). We deleted the extra posts and asked you not to do it again and you got upset.

Now the mods are asking you to post in the appropriate forum.

This is not too much to ask. I appreciate you being a member here but if this is going to be a problem or you think your rights are being violated I suggest you leave. This is my house and the mods do a great job. We simply ask you to follow some common forum guidelines.

Post in the appropriate forum or thread as specified by the mods

Post one message in one forum

If you don't like that I'm afraid this isn't going to work out.

heartless

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    did any 1 actually read what i wrote last? people never do whats right anymore, they just do whatever the biggest group is doing. i request for this thread to be deleted. done with the bs. Today is a good day we just made it harder for the next idiot we elect to take our guns away

indyninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Get a clue or better yet just leave. Your spelling is absolutely atrocious and it is obvious you have never participated in an online community before. Take your crusade against "the man" somewhere else. :noway:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Wow look what happens when I work all day and can't get to the forum! I miss all the good posts!

Dude... you don't walk into someones house or business and crap all over the floor. People get upset. Don't come in here and crap all over the floor and then get mad when people tell you to stop! Holy crap, it's called common sense. Go and buy some please!

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I'm new to this, but it's come to my attention that we really don't have Freedom of Speech or expression... Especially online... It's all moderated... If I say something that the moderators don't like, they delete it and the same goes for all of you! We have no freedom here. We are only allowed to type what the moderators want and where they want it. What is the point of this forum? I believe! That no question is a bad question! I believe that we all have the right to an opinion. I believe that we are all free Americans! I believe that they will delete this thread, just as every government tries to silence the outspoken for fear of admitting they were wrong!

What do you think? Am I wrong? Am I just a pest? Please speak your mind here! At least until this gets deleted!

My Heller comments about FREEDOM! The very thing that the case was about. Every one should be proud for, we, on this day, have reaffirmed our Freedom! and won over oppression. Yes this pertains to this thread as well, for FREEDOM is a word that covers many topics. Scutter, we can settle this on the range if you want. If you shoot better I will shut up, but if I am the better shooter, you need to be nice to every one! ...lmao

Yes, the owners can do what they want with their property. I am a pest! If they want me to leave, I will..... I like this forum and its people, but I was raised not to turn my back when I see something that's wrong. I was raised to believe that if I don't fight for my rights, they will slowly disappear. Do you believe that you should be able to carry in what is now restricted areas? If you do, then you are no different from me, right here! These areas that you want to carry in are either private or State owned with our taxes... They have the rights to do as they wish, but is it fair or right? Maybe not. This pertains to this forum as a comparison of rights and responsibilities.

To the owners of this site! Thanks! I ask only for the ability to speak my mind, and vow to do so with as much respect as possible. I'm glad there is a place like this.

The same goes for parks, businesses, schools, stores, etc. Yet there are people fighting to carry a gun in the private places that allow the public. Just as this is a private "house" that allows the public... In truth this looks like a business to me... It has sponsors, collects donations, and sells a product... (yes I want to a buy hat)...lol Web hosting isn't very expensive. Which means someone is making a little money... I want to carry my gun everywhere I go, including here, but here my opinion is my gun. It's very similar in nature and idea. I'm in support for less limitations on both things... With the understanding that there has to be some law/rule or governing power for the sake of maintaining the greater good and security, but there also should be some flexibility in all the matters at hand in both subjects.

Did anyone actually read what I wrote last? People never do what's right anymore, they just do whatever the biggest group is doing. I request for this thread to be deleted. I'm done with the bs. Today is a good day, we just made it harder for the next idiot we elect to take our guns away

Holy crap, my head hurts after translating your posts from Engrish into English.

You want our opinions, and here is mine.

It is MY opinion that you need to learn how to spell and type a literate, legible post.

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    "Ya don't tug on Supermans cape, Ya don't Spit into the wind, Ya don't pull the Mask off the ole Lone Ranger and ya don't mess around with....":lmfao:

hunter480

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Coatesville, In.
    The guy was a bit off the wall for sure, and yep, the posts were a bit difficult to decipher, but man!!!! You all are quick to jump on the guy!

I know I`ve been difficult, and I`ve caught some flak too. I have red under my name, in part because I stepped on the toes of some of the regulars here.

I want to ask-is this site REALLY open to everyone? Or is it really just for the right click?

You`re exactly correct Fenway-the rules should be followed-AND, they should be as zealously enforced for the regulars as they are for us fringe types.

I`m just asking for an honest look at how this place works-if y`all want me to go, I`ll go.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I want to ask-is this site REALLY open to everyone? Or is it really just for the right click?

I can tell you with all honesty that I have never deleted a post simply for the content, but only for organization and readability. You are free to say anything you want. I know the other moderators feel the same.

That said, just because you're sitting safely behind your keyboard somewhere out on the internet, doesn't mean you should say anything that's on your mind. Many of us know each other in real life. If you wouldn't say it to our faces, why would you say it to us on the internet? The rules of polite society still apply. Everyone is welcome, provided they aren't making an ass of themselves.

Top Bottom