• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    So there I was sitting on my deck last night at 1:30 in the morning finishing up the rest of my ceegar when I start hearing some loud rustling and branches breaking in the retention area behind my house. Soon after I heard water splashing and more branches breaking followed by moaning and groaning. My first thought was that the bear that was spotted in Michigan City had found its way to St. John. So I went into the house and grabbed my phone and .44 mag. After a few more minutes of the same noise I hear the sound of a human male voice; WTF it's 1:30 in the morning. I called the n/e police number and LEO shows up a short 25min later ?? Good job St. John. Winds up that my neighbor on the other side of the retention area was flipping out (either meds or not enough meds) and was wading around in the muck chasing bull frogs. Dude was completely flipped-out, and completely soaked.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To Drop45,

You need to take a positive thought away from this experience.

You now know that for years to come you will probably be supplied with a multitude of interesting and fascinating stories to tell around many a campfire all supplied free of charge from you very "interesting" (and hopefully harmless) neighbor. How many people get to count on that as free benefit of the neighborhood...?

Regards,

Doug

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    4/10

(I don't know if this is a parody or not, just playing it safe)

True story. I couldn't fall asleep again till 4:30 in the morning. I kept thinking that LEO left too quick and maybe Sasquatch was still out there, lol. Frog legs? I kept smelling what I thought was bbq chicken all afternoon, but I was a little hesitant to walk over there.

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    To Drop45,

You need to take a positive thought away from this experience.

You now know that for years to come you will probably be supplied with a multitude of interesting and fascinating stories to tell around many a campfire all supplied free of charge from you very "interesting" (and hopefully harmless) neighbor. How many people get to count on that as free benefit of the neighborhood...?

Regards,

Doug

Story in the hood is that he is retired/disabled LEO from Illinoiastan--was involved in a bad car crash that really left him f'ed up. He's gotten into a couple of pissing matches with his immediate neighbors a couple of times(I'm sure meds related) where he's actually threatened to use weapons on them. Not too sure that he is indeed harmless. I hope he's lying about his gun ownership.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    There's frog giggin' (cool)

And neeked frog giggin' (uncool)

There's cigar smokin' (cool)

And neeked cigar smokin' (uncool)

If either are occurring on the other side of the pond, I wouldn't worry about it.

Top Bottom