• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Wow! I'm shocked that none of those guys are wearing any life jackets. You'd also have to have great faith in the structural integrity of that old lighthouse. I'm not sure I'd sleep well in there.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Wow...I wonder how long their shifts are? I'd hope they stay for like a week at a time and not a 12 hr shift!

Also, most lighthouses in the US have been automated...wonder if they French haven't figured that out yet.

Actually, they probalby have. There's probalby a reason they can't change out that light house for more modern equipment is my guess.

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    Wow...I wonder how long their shifts are? I'd hope they stay for like a week at a time and not a 12 hr shift!

Also, most lighthouses in the US have been automated...wonder if they French haven't figured that out yet.

Actually, they probalby have. There's probalby a reason they can't change out that light house for more modern equipment is my guess.

It has been automated since 2004. Sounds like the French surrendered again.

"From a French documentary by Thierry Marchadier, this is how lighthouse keepers used to change shifts at the Kereon lighthouse in the Iroise Sea. Built in 1914, the Kereon lighthouse would eventually become fully automated in 2004 and end this practice."

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    It has been automated since 2004. Sounds like the French surrendered again.

"From a French documentary by Thierry Marchadier, this is how lighthouse keepers used to change shifts at the Kereon lighthouse in the Iroise Sea. Built in 1914, the Kereon lighthouse would eventually become fully automated in 2004 and end this practice."

This was going to be my question, why don't they automate it? Never mind.

Oh and those guys were CRAZY!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    This was going to be my question, why don't they automate it? Never mind.

Oh and those guys were CRAZY!

The lighthouse keeper is there to take care of the building mostly.He has to be a mason, painter, electrician etc.
    You cant automate that.Even in lighthouses with automated lights you still need someone to make sure everyhing runs smoothly.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom