• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    So a month ago I noticed the "No Beretta" sign on the door ...LOL...along with the Illinois state code referenced on the same decal

I had a polite conversation with the manager inform her of the invalid Illinois state code and Indiana ' s law ....

a lot of the employees know my face and we tend to chat alot when I am there. Because I am always dressed nice, they must assume that I am a LEO...so no one has ever given me slack for carrying. I usually sloppy CC.

I know others on this forum have approached management at their stores and/or written to HR

Well, yesterday I was back at the store in lafayette and there is no sign on the door!

Has anyone else noticed this at their local store? I am curious to see if this is a local response or a statewide response.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Lowe's did the same thing in Lafayette.
    When they first opened they had a no weapons sign smack dab in the middle of the front door. You couldn't miss it.
    I said something to the manager to the effect that I am a contractor (true) and I would not bother to cast a shadow on their doorstep as long as that sign remained.

The manager apologized "for the inconvenience" but left it at that.
    Every last gun owner I know made the same basic declaration to the store.

That no guns sign lasted all of about 6 weeks and it quietly disappeared.
    They read the writing on the wall.
    Corporate may not like it, but they'd rather have their profit.

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    The no gun sign at Fresh Thyme was on the inside double doors on the left right near the antibacterial wipes station...I looked at All the doors but it def gone

Top Bottom