Fresh Thyme's corporate policy concerning firearms is.........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    They were running sale adds with loss leaders down here for a bit. Haven't seen one in a few weeks though.

The west side store in Btown is nice enough, but an inconvenient drive into a traffic morass. I'm looking forward to the new opening in the College Mall. The Kroger on Btown's east side has went from nice to nasty, it'll be good to see them have competition.

Bloomingfoods is the local dirty hippy organic grocery down here, with the high pricing. Hopefully Fresh Thyme will be something in between.

Last edited:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Is this a Hippie / hipster store where you go to buy things at an elevated price?

On my infrequent visits I would say more Country Club Wife Foo Foo rather than Dirty Hippie Organic. Prices are pricy but am able to find some unique and some higher end items that just don't hit the shelves of your local Kroger.

Had to go to Fresh Thyme last week to buy a side to bring to a Vegan dinner party. For not using meat our hostess can cook a mean meal that is tasty and filling.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    On my infrequent visits I would say more Country Club Wife Foo Foo rather than Dirty Hippie Organic. Prices are pricy but am able to find some unique and some higher end items that just don't hit the shelves of your local Kroger.

Had to go to Fresh Thyme last week to buy a side to bring to a Vegan dinner party. For not using meat our hostess can cook a mean meal that is tasty and filling.

I am not aware of any food that exists that doesn't contain meat. What did she cook? Turkey?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    With some of their most solid customer base it in a way surprised me. I mean their policy is exactly how it should be but these days it seems companies are always wanting to pander to one side or another.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    They actually used to have “no firearms” signs a few years ago, but to my pleasant surprise, they removed them.

This was the greenwood store several years ago... note the Illinois statute.

That sign says my Beretta M9 isn't allowed. Good thing I have a Ruger SR9 just in case I see a sign like this.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    They actually used to have “no firearms” signs a few years ago, but to my pleasant surprise, they removed them.

This was the greenwood store several years ago... note the Illinois statute.

Interesting that they had posted a sign that referenced Illinois statute on the door of an Indiana store (see the lower right "Pursuant to 430 ILCS 66/65"); I'm guessing headquarters is in IL?

Glad to hear they've "wised up". I do like Fresh Thyme, though I prefer Earth Fare.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    The Fresh Thyme on west 86th had the "no firearms" (Illinois) sign the first few months they were open, then they were gone.

My wild guess was that the store was opened by a manager from Illinois that needed it "explained" to him.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    The Fresh Thyme on west 86th had the "no firearms" (Illinois) sign the first few months they were open, then they were gone.

My wild guess was that the store was opened by a manager from Illinois that needed it "explained" to him.
    There was a thread here a few years back where anti-gunners we're putting no-gun signs on gun friendly businesses. It could have been that, too.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    That sign says my Beretta M9 isn't allowed. Good thing I have a Ruger SR9 just in case I see a sign like this.

Might have run into that in Ohio, except they were very anti-revolver (my silhouette skills on revolvers are not strong, I have to admit) so I was fine with my 320.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The one in Lafayette had a sign, no idea if they still do though. I ignored it, and they never said anything when I was open carrying so...

Top Bottom