• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Was it you who had the pump-action .22 that SNAFU'd?

No.

I was up after him and it had taken so long that other shooters were standing around.

The RO (super nice guy) was taller then me and when I shot I hit 1,2,4 and 5 in with no problem but I had trouble with plate 3.

On the 2nd round I was having more problems and I had to reload and I realized that the RO was causing a shadow on my front sight and I asked him to move and he did and then as I was engaged on the target he said that 30 sec had passed, it cought me off gaurd and as I was bringing the gun down I sent another round down range.

This was a range rule violation so I was disqualified and had to stop.

100% my malfunction but it was very enbaresing and I really didn't want to show my face on the forum again....... silly I know but I don't like to FAIL, don't mind losing but a FAIL sucks!!!!!!

I went to the KY gun show today and it lifted my spirits!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    repair these things do happen. The fact that you're willing to admit to your mistake speaks volumes to your proper mindset when it comes to firearms safety.

Chalk it up to a mistake-- remain here on the forum-- and hit another FNS sometime!

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    repair these things do happen. The fact that you're willing to admit to your mistake speaks volumes to your proper mindset when it comes to firearms safety.

Chalk it up to a mistake-- remain here on the forum-- and hit another FNS sometime!

Thanks for the kind words, I'm planning on making the next one..... as for the forum it's way too much fun to leave!

I was just feeling down last night. :D

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Pressure? What squad were you planning to have her on? There's a lot of stuff that goes on with our little gang of misfits, but "pressure" isn't exactly in the mix. Unless you mean the pressure for us to behave ourselves in front of an impressionable youth. :): Of course she IS your daughter, so I'm not sure what damage is left for us to do. ;)
    Mag changes under pressure, not us! Oh, she is use to my gun buddies.

I guess I am really saying I am not sure she can do them yet. It is a safety thing, if I have to worry she ain't trained yet and since I am the trainer I know she is not trained on that yet.

Look at Mr. repair. He is an adult and he is mortified from his little cluster **** episode. If my 13 year old daughter had one out there she would be too.

As an aside to repair, I was not there, **** happens but it happened right so shake it off as best you can. It was good training to have it happen. I bet you change how you manage yourself, adrenaline and area around you while on the range shooting competitively.

Xmas break will be "training day" for her! We always give parts, guns and ammo.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Don't sweat it Repair. Your RO was a very nice guy and a very good RO. If you had a ND, then you had to go. No hurt feelings or anything, just the rules. If it makes you feel any better, you aren't the first and wont be the last. I have seen at least one very experienced shooter get DQ'd for an ND.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Oh I earned it........ and yeah my RO was a great guy and the RO that asked me to bag my stuff and leave the line was really nice.

I could have stayed and watched the rest of the matches but it was really cold and I didn't want to.... LOL

I had enough humble pie for one night. LOL

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Scores are up at Indyrange.com. Hey Mark I have bragging rights this month.

I'm not braggin' about jack squat... the "did we cover 'push pull'" on Stage 1 and the malfunction clusterf*ck (30) on stage 2 just killed my .22 rifle times. I'm also surprised I finished as strongly as I did in Production, given how poorly (I think) I shot.

Congrats to everyone who came out, just for braving the cold to get some trigger time in! We iz hardcore, yo. :):

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    First time was Friday night. I am not sure I felt cold until I saw the frost forming on the gun case. I still had a great time. No one should worry about performance. I got up to shoot first time and pulled the trigger a couple times only to relize I had the safety.

Top Bottom