• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Our Friday Night Steel match will be this Friday, August 26th at 6 pm. We will have 5 challenging courses of fire. We will begin course setup at 5:00 pm, and we'll need help from volunteers. We will have sign-in from 5:15 pm until 6:00 pm and a shooters meeting immediately afterwards to explain the rules and to form squads. You must be in-line by 6:00 pm and you must attend the Shooter's Meeting in order to shoot. If you are late you will not be allowed to shoot. At 6:15 pm sharp, we plan to begin shooting. We'll be charging $10 for club members and $15 for non-members, with all money going towards the club or new steel targets. Shoot an additional gun for only $10 with your first paid entry, if our capacity allows (typically 50 shooters or less).

For more info, please check out our website at:

MCFG Indy Range - Friday Night Steel

FNS is conducted under a COLD RANGE. That means all guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe areas." You may not handle any ammunition or loaded magazines in the safe areas! Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

Check out our new Facebook page at:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Friday-Night-Steel/201915636486226

You can now purchase Official Friday Night Steel shirts at Café press

Friday Night Steel Gifts, T-Shirts, Stickers, & More - CafePress

5 magazines or speed loaders is now the minimum requirement. If you do not bring enough magazines to complete all of the strings of fire, you will receive the maximum time for the strings of fire that you were unable to complete. We will not allow shooters (or their friends) to load magazines at the shooting line in between strings of fire, as it slows down the shooting procedure for other competitors.

With our numbers continuing to grow we ask that everyone does their part to make the match run as smoothly as possible. Be ready when it is your time on the firing line. Help with setup. Help to reset the steel. Volunteer to keep score. Help tear down your stage at the end of the match.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Sincerely,
    Chuck

"As to species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with a ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson 8 Papers of Thomas Jefferson 407 (J. Boyd ed., 1953)

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Volunteer Help Needed!

Here's the volunteer positions we'll need to fill for this Friday:

Match Director: Don Parks
    Sign In: Need someone to help sign in, must be on site by about 5:00 pm
    Scorekeeper: Need someone to tabulate scores after the match
    Range Officers (Need 5 people with experience):
    Assistant Range Officers: No experience needed; great way to work up to RO'ing.​

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    5 magazines or speed loaders is now the minimum requirement. If you do not bring enough magazines to complete all of the strings of fire, you will receive the maximum time for the strings of fire that you were unable to complete. We will not allow shooters (or their friends) to load magazines at the shooting line in between strings of fire, as it slows down the shooting procedure for other competitors.

Hey Chuck, just wondering, I have been kicking around the idea of running a shotgun and the quoted text kind of leaves me questioning this. I don't have a Saiga, just a rem 870 (With mag tube extension) but I'd love to run it.

How would the ammo restrictions affect the use of such a shotgun?

Oh, and I'm planning on coming barring any unforeseen circumstances this Friday, early enough to help setup like last time I was there.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Hey Chuck, just wondering, I have been kicking around the idea of running a shotgun and the quoted text kind of leaves me questioning this. I don't have a Saiga, just a rem 870 (With mag tube extension) but I'd love to run it.

How would the ammo restrictions affect the use of such a shotgun?

Oh, and I'm planning on coming barring any unforeseen circumstances this Friday, early enough to help setup like last time I was there.

You'll be fine; those rules are written focusing primarily on semi auto pistols and revolvers. It is perfectly fine to bring your shotgun, just make sure that you are ready at the line so that you can load it rapidly after the "make ready" command. Our goal with those rules is to make sure that no shooter slows down the flow of the match, just because they aren't prepared or didn't bring the right gear. Just make sure you pick up your shotgun hulls after the match, as that's a huge pet peeve of our volunteer groundskeeper.

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    What would I be signing up for if I volunteer to tabulate the scores?

Is there an excel sheet that you email so I could do it at home or would I have to sit at the club house tapping away?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township

Is there an excel sheet that you email so I could do it at home or would I have to sit at the club house tapping away?

You will have to sit in the clubhouse. You will also have to provide your own slide-rule and abacus for tabulating as well as your own chisel, hammer and stone for recording.

:rofl:

Seriously though, there is a spreadsheet that you can/will have emailed to you.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Scorekeeping Details

Basically, you take home the score sheets, enter them in our excel spreadsheet, and then email the finished results to our webmaster. The key here is speed and accuracy, as our shooters have come to expect results really quickly. While it is a lot to ask of a volunteer, scorekeeping is critical to making sure the match runs smoothly. We are trying to set the bar as far as the speed of the results, because we know how much shooters want instant feedback of their match performance.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Here's the volunteer positions we'll need to fill for this Friday:

Range Officers (Need 5 people with experience):
    Assistant Range Officers: No experience needed; great way to work up to RO'ing. WESTSIDE

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Assistant Range Officers: No experience needed; great way to work up to RO'ing. WESTSIDE

It took me a minute to get past the notion that Chizzle wasnt trying to talk Gangsta.

"Great way to work up to RO'in yo, WESTSIDE"

Westside.jpg

I would be glad to RO.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Range Officers (Need 5 people with experience): Dom1104
    Assistant Range Officers: No experience needed; great way to work up to RO'ing. Westside

Let me know if you're willing to volunteer, we need more RO's fo' shizzle.

Top Bottom